Complaint Review: Ashworth College, Norcross, GA

• Updated: Thu, July 24, 2014

• Reported By: audrog2013 — Georgia
Ashworth College, Norcross, GA
6625 The Corners Parkway Norcross, Georgia USA

Ashworth College, Enrolled me in a certification that is not recognized in my state of residence, Georgia! Norcross Georgia

I enrolled in Ashworth College in October of 2013. I wanted to obtain my CNA.  I called and spoke with someone and they told me they offer a HHA (Home Health Aide).  I was told this is the same certification as a CNA.  I liked the idea of on-line classes, so decided to sign-up.  Thinking, this HHA, was an equivalent to a CNA, because the respresentative at Ashworth said so...

After (6) months of on-line classes I started to apply at local nursing homes and assited living facilities only to find out a HHA is not recognized in the State of Georgia, only a CNA.

I immediately called Ashworth and canceled my classes and spoke with someone about it.  The lady couldn't help me, but took my info and said a Manager would call me back.  That never happened...

Shortly after, I received an invoice in the mail for the remaining balance of my classes.  What?  I paid you $600 already, for a certification I cannot use.  A certification that was sold to me, by your employee stating a HHA is the same as a CNA.

This school is a fraud, they may be accredited in another country.  Maybe Canada?

After numerous collection calls, I told them, "Look, I'll pay you half of the remaining $173, so you'll stop calling me..." no, they won't even settle.  I told them I would be reporting them to the proper people so everyone can see this school is a scam...don't enroll.  I may even call Fox5 and Whistle Blow them.

I'm a fairly educated person and can't believe I got scammed.  Never thought it would have happened to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2014 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College-Norcross-GA/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-Enrolled-me-in-a-certification-that-is-not-recognized-in-my-state-of-re-1164587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College, Norcross, GA