Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Updated: Sat, November 09, 2013

• Reported By: ZBullDog — Smethport Pennsylvania
Ashworth College
6625 The Corners Parkway, Suite 500 Norcross,, Georgia USA

Ashworth College Collections, Michael Rutsky and Jeremy Mills Ashworth College Rip-offs, Norcross, Georgia

I enrolled in Ashworh College, for Paralegal Studies on or about Feb. 2013. After a few weeks of studies fell on hard times and did not complete the first semester. The course studies were all on line, and I did not receive any books or any materials from the school.

In tow letters, I explained that I was experiancing a financial hardship and would be withdrawing from studies due to a possible chapter-7. I was not financial able to continue paying $70.00 due to my hardship.

At that point, I began receiving harassing letters, phone calls all times hours. Their collections department demand I pay the total amount due of $974.00. This amount was not due because I only attended three months and paid about $400.00 toward a service I did not receive. I did not benefit from the course due to the short period I was enrolled and due to the extraodinary circumstances, I was forced to withdraw. I paid my monthly tuition up until I no longer could pay. I notified the school that I was no longer attending due to a financial hardship, and then the harassing collection calls and letters began. I did not receive a response to my letter pursuant my hardship. Again, the school wants me to pay for a service I did not receive, nor did I have the ability to pay. Finally, they might as well be talking to the moon, because, I will not pay for a service I did not receive. If Ashworth College transfer your account to a collections agency, then they no longer have a claim against you. Furthermore, no collections agency has an agreement with you to collect any money, it's a wash.

If other consumers are being harassed via phone calls, threatening letters by this college, do not pay these people for a service you did not receive. Tell the collection agencies to take a hack, because the collection agencies have no claim against you. Report, report, report.

Stay far from this college, because their practices are more then suspect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2013 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-Collections-Michael-Rutsky-and-Jeremy-Mills-Ashworth-College-Rip-offs-1098186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College