Complaint Review: Ashworth College

• Updated: Tue, December 24, 2013

• Reported By: Collegedude — houlton Maine
Ashworth College
6625 The Corners Parkway, Suite 500 norcross, Georgia USA

*Consumer Comment: Here's their Cancellation Policy...

I signed up for a business course through Ashworth College and had five days to cancel and get a refund of $59 if I should change my mind about the course. I ended up changing my mind within three days and called to cancel my admission to the school. I had to call several times to make sure my enrollment was cancelled. After leaving messages and talking to three representatives, I was told that my un-enrollment was successful and I didn't owe them any money, but I would also not be getting my refund of $59 and I asked to speak with management because I did everything right to make sure I get my refund. The rep came back on the phone after I was on hold for a good 8 minutes, and she told me that management would call me back the next day to discuss my refund. I had missed the call but I called back and it was then that I was told that I had to pay Ashworth 482.30 because my student number was coming up as being active and it also listed that I had started and finished 7 assignments. [continued below]....

..... Of course this was false, and I tried fighting so that I wouldn't have to pay back what was wrongfully charged to me. They also said that at the time of sign up I was told that if I completed any assignments I would be charged for the course completed. I was never told about the stated condition, nor did I ever start, or complete any schooling task. Come to find out Ashworh College is listed with the BBB as having a total of 290 complaints of wrongful charges. I was wrongfully charged and now I am stuck with paying a bill that I didn't accumulate. What they did was a fallacy, wrong, and is also an act of robbery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2013 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ashworth-College/norcross-Georgia-30092/Ashworth-College-SCAM-BY-STEALING-AND-ROBBING-MONEY-FROM-ME-FOR-A-COURSE-I-NEVER-ATTENDED-1109711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ashworth College

Here's their Cancellation Policy...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Cancellation Policy

You may cancel or withdraw in any manner, but we recommend that you do so in writing.

If you withdrawAmount You Owe
Within 5 Calendar days of enrollment 100% Refund
After 5 Calendar days:
But before any lesson has been submitted Non-Refundable Fees + Registration
If you submitted less than or equal to 10% of the lessons Non-refundable Fees + Registration Fee + 10% of Tuition
If you submitted more than 10% of the lessons but less than 25% Non-refundable Fees + Registration Fee + 25% of Tuition
If you submitted more than 25% of the lessons but less than 50% Non-refundable Fees + Registration Fee + 50% of Tuition
If you submitted more than 50% of the lessons Non-refundable Fees + Registration Fee + 100% of Tuition

Registration Fee is the lesser of (a) 20% of Tuition and (b) $200.00. Any amount owed is due within 30 days of cancellation. No refunds made after 6 months for career programs and 9 months for degree programs.

What part of it did they violate?