Complaint Review: ASHWORTH COMMUNITY COLLEGE

• Updated: Thu, March 13, 2014

• Reported By: markiedeona — Taylors South Carolina
ASHWORTH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
6625 The Corners Pkwy NW #500, Norcross, Georgia USA

ASHWORTH COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOOL CHARGES FEES ONCE YOU FIGURE OUT THE DEGREE IS USELESS Norcross Georgia

Registered for online courses in the pharmacy tech program on October 11th, 2013. Paid the application and admissions fee. I received an introduction book and some paperwork.

Did my research too late and found that their "certificate" is completely useless in my state (and most other states) It is not recognized by the pharmacy licensing board as a legitimate certificate. My state (South Carolina) has a list of schools recognized on the LLR website.

I contacted the school as soon as I knew that the program was useless on October 18th, 2013 (7 days later) to cancel my enrollment. They require you to cancel within 5 days after enrollment in order to avoid the ridiculous fees and I happened to be two days late... Those 2 days are now costing me $200.

I've attempted to dispute the debt but the collections agency and college are passing me back and forth concering who I need to speak to in order to do this. They aren't getting a dime from me. Ever.

After arguing with the college and the collections agency that has now gotten involved, I advise anyone who is interested in an online college to do their research before making this decision, read the fine print and check with your state licensing board to make sure the university is accredited and recognized as a REAL school.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASHWORTH-COMMUNITY-COLLEGE/Norcross-Georgia-30092/ASHWORTH-COMMUNITY-COLLEGE-SCHOOL-CHARGES-FEES-ONCE-YOU-FIGURE-OUT-THE-DEGREE-IS-USELESS-1130434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASHWORTH COMMUNITY COLLEGE