Complaint Review: asknet-shops.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 28, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, May 29, 2010

• Reported By: 82dodger — Princeton British Columbia Canada
asknet-shops.com
235 Montgomery St., Suite 1025, San Francisco, California United States of America

asknet-shops.com - DivX online shop of asknet AG Purchased DivX Pro Jan 2, 2010. asknet denies any record of this purchase. San Francisco California

On Jan 2, 2010, I purchased DivX Pro as directed by their website/store, for U.S.$19.99. An acknowledgement duly arrived advising me my order was accepted. Order number and customer number were included. My credit card was charged as authorised, and the information in the order confirmation stated the amount would be credited to asknet-shops.com.

The downloaded DivX program worked as advertised. I did not have occasion to use the program again until April, 2010. I was advised that the video I was attemting to convert to DivX needed an MPEG-2 plug-in, which I could purchase for only $9.99. I did so, and then attempted to use the original DivX Pro once more, but was advised that my "Free Trial Period" had expired.

I e-mailed DivX support and quoted my customer number and order number from Jan. 2, 2010, asking why the paid-for program was not working. The response was as follows: (copied and pasted) "
Hi!
We have tried but could not find the purchase records for the email address you provided. Please resubmit your request with the email address that you originally used for purchasing the DivX software.

To make sure you are eligible for the upgrade discount, please check the eligibility requirements:

Regards,
- The DivX Team" "

I thought I may have mis-typed the info. After 5 more inquiries, the same message kept coming back. I then contacted my bank, via e-mail. Although the purchase in question was over 90 days old, I received an instant credit for the original amount, as a "courtesy". But now I have a ten dollar plug-in that is useless, and I'm not really comfortable re-ordering the original program. This whole thing is smelly.
Anyone have an alternate source for buying DivX?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2010 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/asknet-shopscom/San-Francisco-California-94104/asknet-shopscom-DivX-online-shop-of-asknet-AG-Purchased-DivX-Pro-Jan-2-2010-asknet-d-608349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on asknet-shops.com