Complaint Review: ASKO Appliances, USA

• Updated: Tue, October 22, 2013

• Reported By: Consumer advocate — St. Louis Missouri
ASKO Appliances, USA
PO Box 940609 Plano, Texas USA

ASKO Appliances, USA My 4 year old washing machine, which is run once a day at most, needs a new motor. The cost of the part plus service and labor is $575. I called Asko, hoping they would agree with me that my machine was not "built to last" as their motto says. I asked if they could help with the cost of the repair. It took me over a week, much wasted time on the phone and a posting on their facebook page to get the answer: the machine's warranty (2 years) has expired, so no luck. Plano Texas

*Consumer Comment: Whether you have had problems before, or not....

Sometimes the quality of a product is inversely related to the price.  This is the case with Asko laundry appliances.  Our washer and dryer have both required extensive repairs in the 4 short years we have owned them.  The washing machine is now completely broken as it needs a new motor.  The cost of the part plus labor is $575.00, or basically, the price of a new machine from other companies.  After several days of frustrating attempts via email and phone to get someone in customer service at Asko to hear my story and hopefully agree with me that this situation is unacceptable, I posted on their facebook page.  I received an email very quickly after that, offering me yet another venue through which to register my problem.  I also received an email from one of the VPs which read that my machine is out of warranty, so they will not help with the repair costs.  Ironically, Asko's motto is "built to last longer".  Longer than what?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2013 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASKO-Appliances-USA/Plano-Texas-75094-0609/ASKO-Appliances-USA-My-4-year-old-washing-machine-which-is-run-once-a-day-at-most-nee-1093914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASKO Appliances, USA

Whether you have had problems before, or not....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

The mfr's warranty spells out the duration of the warranty and what they will do to make repairs if problems develop.

After that, it's on you.  You are, as you know, TWO YEARS out of warranty.  You do realize, don't you, that using the appliances about once a day for four years is almost fifteen-hundred uses?

I don't see how they are Ripping you off on the warranty.  Did you have problems while the warranty was in effect?  If so, what was the result of it?