Complaint Review: askpcexperts

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: betty25 — wellington Florida United States of America
askpcexperts
India Internet United States of America

askpcexperts Cleverbridge Scam: they put viruses in your computer to get and keep your business Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Re: Cleverbridge/Systweak

Cleverbridge is an e-commerce company that invoices products. When you call to complain their customer support is well trained . They refuse to let you speak to anyone else in the company. They are a pay pal company and I have reported them to pay pal.

Ask PC experts has various ways to get your attention. In my case a person with a strong Indian accent intercepted a phone call I was making to an ad virus that got stuck on my computer. I believe they put the ad virus on my computer. You are told they are microsoft engineers. They take remote control of your computer via Team Viewer. I have been in touch with team viewer and they use their service illegally. They immediately tell you you have viruses in your system. (I only had my computer two days and I was freaked) They then sell you a service contract. I signed up for the service in March and I was constantly having to call them with issues. When an issue couldn't be resolved they tell you a supervisor will call you and they never call. I realized I was scammed when I tried to install  Adobe Pro X and after spending two hours with Adobe support (they were terrific) we determined all of my programs had been removed from the c drive and put on the D drive.

When I called to complain, again I was told a supervisor would call: no call. I called Cleverbridge as they were on my invoice. I was told to write to Systwek. I did: guess what : no reply.

This company also installed software on my computer I did not ask for.

This company is being investigated internationally.

DO NOT CALL OR USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY SIMILAR. I am going to call Microsoft tomorrow and file a complaint since they are claiming to work for microsoft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/askpcexperts/internet/askpcexperts-Cleverbridge-Scam-they-put-viruses-in-your-computer-to-get-and-keep-your-bu-886692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on askpcexperts

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Re: Cleverbridge/Systweak

AUTHOR: Winson - (Canada)

Recently, I received a warning in my computer screen said that my new computer (less than one month old) has been infected with a virus and an offer to clean my computer.  I signed up for the service (RegClean Pro) for CA$29.95 with Cleverbridge/Systweak.  They send me the licence key and I downloaded the RegClean Pro. The licence key never work even copy & paste as they recommended.  I called their technical support, a person with strong India accent answered, in order to fix the problem he gained access to my computer. Afterward I don't feel comfortable so I deleted the RegClean Pro from computer & canceled their service.

Is there anyway to prevent them to gain access to my computer again?