worn

• Updated: Mon, February 22, 2010

• Reported By: Susan — Bridgewater Massachusetts United States of America
AspenDental
500 South St. Raynham, Massachusetts United States of America

AspenDental Received a coupon in the mail, Coupon stated free X-rays and initial doctors visit. Went to Aspen Dental because of infection and swelling in mouth. Saw the doctor and then was sent into a high pres Raynham, Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Im very sorry to hear about your experience.

My husband face began to swell because of an infected tooth.  We had a coupon at the time for free full set of X-rays and free initial visit to AspenDental.  We went to the Raynham office.  When we arrived we gave the receptionist our coupon.  I asked the receptionist again about the coupon and she stated she put it in my husbands file.  The office then brought my husband in and examined him.  I was called in soon after and my husband and I were brought to a room where a woman began discussing what our options were.  She talked about coming back and having all my husbands teeth removed all at once and having a plate made for his teeth.  She said this was the best option and he should have them do all the removal because an oral surgeon would put the cost into the 10,000 range.  We felt very pressured and did not give them any answer at the time.  We left and when we got to the car we both thought "wow what was that?"  On the way home we decided to go to my own dentist knowing that he is trusting and caring.

We received a bill two months later for the services.  They charged my insurance company for part of the bill and then billed us for the remainder.  I called them when I received the first bill and explained that it should have been for free since my husband received no more than the X-rays and initial consolation.  She said there was fine print on the coupon that stated "if we had insurance the coupon could not be used."  I told her no one said anything about not being able to use the coupon when I handed the receptionist the coupon.  We finished the call with "I will take care of it" .   That is what the woman on the phone said to me.

February 11,2010 I receive another bill.  Call again..  This time the woman tells me that there were three options on the coupon and she applied ours to the thousands of dollars they wanted to extract my husbands teeth which we never did.

We never had their dentist touch my husband because when we left the office that day all we got was a high pressured sales pitch and my husbands face was still swollen .  The doctor never offered any relief for my husbands pain that day.  The day after we saw the doctor their office called and asked if we decided to do what they proposed and when I told them we would not be doing business with them and why the office then called back and had an antibiotic waiting at the desk that they say was overlooked at the time.  Again I told them we were not interested because we had gone to my dentist and received the treatment that should have been given in the first place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AspenDental/Raynham-Massachusetts-02767/AspenDental-Received-a-coupon-in-the-mail-Coupon-stated-free-X-rays-and-initial-doctors-572453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AspenDental

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Im very sorry to hear about your experience.

AUTHOR: Allie at aspen dental - (U.S.A.)

We at Aspen Dental really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and wed like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendent.com. The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).