Complaint Review: Aspire Resources Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 10, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Marina — Austin Texas
Aspire Resources Inc.
PO Box 65970; West Des Moines, Iowa USA

Aspire Resources Inc. Aspire charged me hidden interest fees after I had already paid off my student loans. West Des Moines Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Aspire

*Author of original report: No late payments

*Consumer Comment: Late?

I paid off my student loans in full on 9/6/13, or so I thought... My on-line account showed that 45,145.42 was due, and this is what I paid. I have been working very hard since graduation to rid myself of this burden. It was not easy, and I was proud. Well..., last night, I received a call from Aspire loans stating that I owed over $90.00 in interest on this account. SURPRISE!  Not only was there no indication of this *outstanding* interest in the on-line account, but they have had the nerve to charge me daily interest since the 6th! Ugg! I do not like giving my money away in this fasion! It just seemed so wrong and unethical!

Thanks for listening!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspire-Resources-Inc/West-Des-Moines-Iowa-50265/Aspire-Resources-Inc-Aspire-charged-me-hidden-interest-fees-after-I-had-already-paid-off-1083198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aspire Resources Inc.

Aspire

AUTHOR: KJohn - ()

Easy mistake to make;when you tried to pay off your loans online,you just looked at the current principal balance and paid that off instead of doing a payoff which includes any outstanding interest as if that day. As far as Aspire having the "nerve" to charge you daily interest; these are federal student loans which means the department of education owns the loans and sets the guidelines,not Aspire. This wasn't Aspire just being mean to you,and trying to pull one over on you. In no way was the interest accrual hidden.The interest accrues daily on your loans which is something you agreed to when you signed your master promissory note. As far as Aspire not contacting you about the interest accrual on your loans after you tried to pay them off;if you're not past due,Aspire most likely has no reason to call you. They aren't going to call you if your loans are simply accruing interest; they would have to call every single person who has a loan if that was the case since everyone's loans accrue interest daily. I realize this post is from a while back;just wanted to clear the air :)

No late payments

AUTHOR: Marina - ()

Not once have I defaulted on my student loans. I've always made on-time payments.

Thanks for checking.

Late?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

How many times were you late?  When you are late, you generate extra interest everyday that payment is late.