Complaint Review: Assembler's, Owner Mike Giaccone

• Submitted: Mon, March 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 27, 2006

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Assembler's, Owner Mike Giaccone
6180 Airways Blvd #4 Chattanooga, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-499-2720
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Assembler's,Inc/Owner Mike Giaccone- Ken Alford Regional Manager Fraudulent Hiring Practices, Misrepresenting pay scales, Strong Arm Tactics/ Taking Money earned without reason from employee's Company Is In Chattanooga, Tennessee Owner Lives In Ringgold, Georgia

I was an Area Manager for a company, Assembler's,Inc. Based in Chattanooga,TN. From Sept.2004 to 2/21/06. There are several problems with what has gone on here.....but the main issue is this, on 2/21/06 I was terminated by Mike Giaccone /Owner of Assembler's,Inc. for the following : "company credit card abuse"--the charge of $1100.00 was made in the month of December 2005 for Deliveries made for our Sears stores which we service. There where between 20 to 27 pickup/Deliveries made for 7 different Sears stores in my area from Dec. 1st 2005 to Dec. 31st 2005. On or about Nov. 15th 2005 I called Mike Giaccone/Owner Assembler's,Inc. to discuss the issue of deliveries for my Sears stores.

At first Mike expected me to use "My personal truck" which her knew I didn't own a truck I'd been driving the same personal vehicle since I started this job (I go to chattanooga every week since I started to pick up paychecks for my guys from Knoxville). He knew that hadn't changed and it is not a requirement for this job (refer to area managers handbook) Anyway,After an hour long conversation Mike says I'll up the limit on your c/c to cover the rental just make "d**n" sure you cover the rental out of the delivery charges & the out-of-area charges.....and I had to pay for the gas (and could not turn in reciepts to be re-payed for it)which I argued and he said well if you don't your fired.

This is not the 1st time this has happened to an Area Mgr. (more on that later)... So, I go to Enterprise on Dec 1st 2005 and rent a vehicle capable of carring anything Sears would have for us. Everything goes great we have the biggest Dec. in this companies history. I beat every other Area by as much as $10K which is a big deal in this business. So, nothing said, no problems.... until January 25,2006 I get a call from Mike Giaccone... he is frantic... screaming at me making threats and such , insulting me calling me stupid etc... I finally say Mike what the H is going on? He says what the h do you mean by renting a vehicle for $1100.00 for the whole month of December 2005?

I said Mike 1st off calm down & secondly I covered it & then some out of the Delivery charges & out-of-area charges as you said .... he says quoting here: "You didn't get anybody else on board with you on this" " This is fraud & I'm taking you're next 2 paychecks to cover the loss" I said are you kidding me?? You said to do whatever was the cheapest to do because the other area's were renting as well with u-haul and it was costing a fortune!!

I don't care he said, I said whatever and hung up....(note: this is how Mike does business alot of insults etc...) well that was it for me...I turned in a notice on that same day stating that I was leaving the company on March the 1st , that he should run an add for a new manager asap. That I would help train & hire the new seasonal crew as expected then I was gone. Now what you don't know is this.... I / my AREA Knoxville,TN/TRI-CITIES,TN Asheville,NC..... had the biggest year that this company has ever had my budget for the year was $154,200.00 (to be for the whole year) we did $229.147.99 which crushed our budget of $73,947.99 roughly. Now the reason I'm writing this is that I was to get a BONUS outta all this...I do have it in writing (and on tape)....what is called a 4%/8% Plan. Which means I get 4% of $154,200.00 & 8% of the profit which is $73,947.99, follow? It states in the manuel that an area mgr. is to be employeed from Jan. 1st thru Dec. 31st of said year. Which I was. now that's about $12,000.00(roughly)before taxes. I have every single report from Jan 1st thru Dec. 31st 2005 showing every single expence & every dollar we made and were it came from, I landed Mike 26 new clients, some of which are Inter-National clients (big money).
I was to get my review & what I would get on my bonus check on Feb. 24,2006....

I was fired on Feb. 21,2006 you do the math. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on.
Now , only myself and one other Area Mgr. made bonus ot of 4.

I have proof that the company had the biggest year it has ever had, including the comapny before (they filed banckruptcy and changed the name) so, like 8 years.
He didn't want to pay me my vacation time so I went to the labor board....and a call was made then I got a check for one weeks vacation.He still owes me a weeks salary as well. He also refused to pay me any back "mileage" for the last 2 months.

There is a lot more to this story.... the funny thing is that 2 other Area Mgr's. turned in a notice to quit and one of them was fired as well. Please advise. The only reason I'm writing to you is this. I was depending on that money to help pay for treatments & surgery of my better half of 7 years, well she has cancer and has been in treatments since January 2006... Mike new this as well, he also new that I had to file banckruptcy in Sept.2005 because of the health problems as well. He knew I was counting on this.. that's why I pushed so hard to do a good job! Hell, I'm ruined I'm about to lose the roof over my head. I have found work for another company that starts in April, but there must be something I can do!!??Pleae Help!

Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2006 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assemblers-Owner-Mike-Giaccone/Chattanooga-Tennessee-37421/AssemblersIncOwner-Mike-Giaccone-Ken-Alford-Regional-Manager-Fraudulent-Hiring-Practic-183611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assembler's, Owner Mike Giaccone