Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance Corp - Debt Collectors

• Updated: Wed, February 17, 2010

• Reported By: chelly739 — Lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
Asset Acceptance Corp - Debt Collectors
Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Asset Acceptance Corp - Debt Collectors Demanded my checking account information to pay a debt that is not mine Internet, Pennsylvania

I recived a call from Asset Acceptance today stating that I owe over $1000.00 on a Bank of America credit card from 1996.  For starters I have NEVER had a card or an account with this bank!  He then demaded my bank account number to make a payment.  Of course I refused and started asking questions about this.  He would not tell me any information about this account, I also requested that information  to be sent to me by email or mail and he stated to me that he could not do that.  He was telling me that he could take care of this debt at a reduced rate for me today and tried to get my bank info several times.  After researching this company online after the call I am very glad that I would not give them any information inculding my address (yes he asked for that also).  I got worried that mabey someone used my name for an account and paid for my credit reports and there is nothing there.  If these people call you do not give them your information!  Please look into on you own first to verify that it is accurate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-Corp-Debt-Collectors/Internet-Pennsylvania-/Asset-Acceptance-Corp-Debt-Collectors-Demanded-my-checking-account-information-to-pay-a-570891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance Corp - Debt Collectors