Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance - LLC Debt Collection

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 02, 2010

• Reported By: jimbo — North Hollywood California United States of America
Asset Acceptance - LLC Debt Collection
P.O. Box 2036 Warren, Michigan 48090-2036 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Asset Acceptance - LLC Debt Collection Offices in Michigan and Texas Scamming me for Debt that I never owed. San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: FIGHT THEM!

These guys claim I owe Holiday Spa of Calif/Daiwa over $700, but are willing to accept $202.68 to satisfy my "debt". I never have done any business with Holiday Spa or Daiwa, and have never owed money to them. I don't even know these companies. I tried to contact Asset Acceptance, and what I got was an attempt to get me to leave a message. That is when I got suspicious. I looked up Asset Acceptance in google and came up with an alternative phone number in Michigan. They informed me that my account was with their Texas office, but they were in a meeting and I would have to try them in an hour. This is all BS, in my opinion. They are just trying to get more info on me. I found Rippoff Report, and saw all the reports on this company. I also looked them up and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, asking why this company has had over 1000 complaints (all resolved, according to the BBB) in the last three years, yet they still have an A++ rating with the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Debt-Collection/San-Antonio-Texas-/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Debt-Collection-Offices-in-Michigan-and-Texas-Scamming-me-for-Debt-589792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance - LLC Debt Collection

FIGHT THEM!

AUTHOR: Collectors are scum - (U.S.A.)

Hi Friend,

If you do not owe the debt, have not claimed responsibility for the debt, and/or the debt is past the SOL, IMMEDIATELY draft a letter to their attention demanding that they cease any further communication with you and/or any member of your family. You need to send this letter directly to their street address Certified, Return Receipt Requested. State that you do not owe the debt, and any further attempts to contact you will result in an immediate filing with your attorney for unlawful/unfair debt collection practices, AND DO IT!

These jokers cost me thousands of dollars before I found out what I should do, had I done what I am telling you, they would have paid me much more than returning my court costs. These scumbags harrassed me for years for a credit card that was never mine, then I moved out of state and they immediately filed a suit in my old state thinking I would not come to court and they would get a default judgment, well THAT DID NOT HAPPEN! I WON IN COURT, and so can YOU! Do your homework, look up the FDCPA Laws or get a lawyer, DON'T LET THEM RIP YOU OFF!

continuity