Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance LLC

• Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: JusticeAgainstAssetAcceptance — Detroit Michigan
Asset Acceptance LLC
P.O. Box 2036 Warren, MI 48090 Warren, Michigan USA

Asset Acceptance LLC Extortion, Fraud, Document Tampering, Failure to properly serve documents Warren Michigan

*Author of original report: Service

*Consumer Comment: Questions

This organization has been systematically defrauding me for 6 months, and I collecting any and all information from others who have had similar experiences to mine.  In short:

Asset Acceptance failed to follow proper service procedures for a lawsuit on a debt that is not mine, with a company I have not done business with.  As a result of my having no knowledge of the lawsuit, they won a default judgement against me, a fact I did not find out about until nearly 2 years later, when they garnished my bank accounts, wages, and taxes simultaneously.  Due to the lawsuit being brought against me more than one year prior, the court upheld the ruling, despite mountains of evidence showing I am not the owner of this debt, that I was never served, and even that documents submitted to the court by Asset Acceptance were fradulent, forged, and inaccurate.  The sole basis this was upheld was due to a technicality, not based in fact.

Has something similar happened to you?  What did you do, what lawyer did you use, and what was your outcome?  Did you identify forged and falsified documents, and if so, what documents were you able to prove were fradulent?  Did they refuse you statements of the alleged accountI know I am not the only person this has happened to.  I am at the end of my rope and need help...any and all help is appreciated.  I need to stop this from happening to me or anyone else again.  Direct any information to:  JusticeAgainstAssetAcceptance@yahoo.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asset-Acceptance-LLC/Warren-Michigan-48090/Asset-Acceptance-LLC-Extortion-Fraud-Document-Tampering-Failure-to-properly-serve-docu-1111584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asset Acceptance LLC

Service

AUTHOR: JusticeAgainstAssetAcceptance - ()

What they provided as 'Proof of Service' was a document allegedly completed by a private process server stating they spoke with someone at an address I previously lived at, and that that person advised them I lived there.  At no time did any process server speak to anyone at the aforementioned address, something that was testified to by the 2 residents who have lived there since 1997.  What I have learned is that there is no requirement for a process server to provide proof of attempted service directly to the court- instead, they submit it back to the company who hired them, at which point any of the information can be altered or added.  Looking at the form, it is clear there were alterations.

They also submitted as a part of the court documents a copy of a  'Certified Mail' envelope, in which they said they mailed me a copy of the summons.  First, as I mentioned above, they utilized an address that had not been my current address for some time.  Second, discrepencies found on the envelope have led to the information being submitted to the USPS Fraud Division, as it is doubtful it ever went through the mail.  Third, they failed to submit, as required by law, the return reciept showing anyone accepted it.

In short- any 'proof' of service they showed was quickly disprooved with facts and evidence.

Questions

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Can they prove you were served?