Complaint Review: assignments@careerbuildersurvey.com>

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: Sheara — Cypress Texas
assignments@careerbuildersurvey.com>
Internet USA

assignments@careerbuildersurvey.com> SURVEY TAKERS, INTERNET JOBS, FAKE CHECKS Internet

I was contacted by 'Career Builders' online through an email. They asked me if I wanted to be a 'Secret Shopper', and said if I do then to email them back with my contact info. I did. They emailed me back saying I was chosen to do a 'Survey' for them, that they would email me with all the details. I recieved an email with 2 downloadable atachments. One was for Wal-Mart and one was for Wester Union. It said I would recieve a check for $1999.00 and within 24 hours I would need to go to Western Union and send a man in another country (Philipians) $1550.00 and $49.00 was used to send the money and then I needed to spend $100.00 in Wal-Mart on whatever (whatever I bought I could keep...so generous of them...) Also that the remaining $300.00 was my payment for doing the survey and for being the secret shopper. They wanted me to then immideatly email them the 10-digit MTCN # (Money Transfere Control Number)--(wonder why they needed that...HUMMMM)

I was suspisious of the fact they wanted me to 'wire' a man in Quwzon City, Manila, Philippines $1550.00, so I went to the Career Builders website and there was a warning to check scams. I emailed the people who sent me this info and asked them why was I sending this man so much money and how 'Career Builders' suggested I cash the check and he responded to my questions with "this is the assingment from Career Builders'.

Here is a copy of the attachment they sent to me:

careerbuilder.com

Dear Agent,

Following the successful assessment of your application, you have been selected as a Secret Shopper in your region of the United States.

A check for $1999.00 meant to cover the expenses for the survey has been issued and should be delivering soon.(& yes they put delivering instead of delivered.)

You are required to cash the check and proceed with your first assignment.

Your First Assignment:

To Carry out a Secret Survey on the nearest Wal-mart and any Western Union outlet in your location by forwarding a fixed amount {$1550.00} to a "Mystery Consumer" in another region who's conducting the same survey at the "recipient" end. You are to shope with $100 at wal-mart and anything you purchase is yours.

Recipient's Western Union Information:

Names: MATTHEW RELLIS

Address: 1226  MAKATI AVENUE

City: Quezon City...

and it goes on with a Survey Evaluation Form that has the address at the top 5550-A Peachtree Parkway, Suite 200 Norcross GA 30092

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/assignmentscareerbuildersurveycom/internet/assignmentscareerbuildersurveycomgt-SURVEY-TAKERS-INTERNET-JOBS-FAKE-CHECKS-Interne-1051727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on assignments@careerbuildersurvey.com>