• Report: #1061967

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — Wichita Kansas
Associated Publishers Network
850 S Boulder HWY #355 Henderson, Nevada USA

Associated Publishers Network Fraudulent Magazine Renewal Solicitation Henderson Nevada

*Author of original report: This is an update made by the original Report Submitter, Not a Rebbuttal.

I received a renewal notice that appeared to be for The London Economist from ASSOCIATED PUBLISHERS NETWORK (hereafter APN).  I knew my subscription was running out so this did not seem unusual.  I paid APN $179.95 by check dated 2/28/2013.  APN deposited my check on 3/18/2013.  As of June 25, more than the promised 12 weeks after the deposit of my check, I have received no Economist magazine.   A representative who works for the Economists told me that APN is running a scam.  I called APN’s  866-437-7897 and was put on hold for 20 minutes.  When I finally was able to talk to someone I was basically given a run-around and after I insisted that I "cancel", she said I might receive a refund check for $159.95 (less $20 “cancellation fee” in "4 to 6 weeks" "according to APN’s policy”.  The individual I talked to told me she was "not an employee of APN".  So apparently this was some sort of call center front operation under contract.  I will be very surprised if I ever see any magazines or a any refund.  I now think this is just garden variety mail fraud.  If I receive a refund I will update this report and change it to reflect that the requested refund was received by me.  But, I doubt I will ever see a refund.  If you renew a magazine, do it with the card that is in the Magazine - don't deal with these crooks.  If they told the truth about anything they would break out in hives.  They are scum.  But no law enforcement will ever do anything about them because they are not poor, not holding a gun and not holding up a bank.  They are just robbing little guys like us - which of course does not matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Associated-Publishers-Network/Henderson-Nevada-89015/Associated-Publishers-Network-Fraudulent-Magazine-Renewal-Solicitation-Henderson-Nevada-1061967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Associated Publishers Network

This is an update made by the original Report Submitter, Not a Rebbuttal.

AUTHOR: Bob of Wichita - ()

THIS IS AN UPDATE TO MY EARLIER REPORT FILED ON 6/25/13

In my earlier report I stated the following about my dealings with Associated Publishers Network:

"I received a renewal notice that appeared to be for The London Economist from ASSOCIATED PUBLISHERS NETWORK (hereafter APN). I knew my subscription was running out so this did not seem unusual. I paid APN $179.95 by check dated 2/28/2013. APN deposited my check on 3/18/2013. As of June 25, more than the promised 12 weeks after the deposit of my check, I have received no Economist magazine. A representative who works for the Economists told me that APN is running a scam. I called APN’s 866-437-7897 and was put on hold for 20 minutes. When I finally was able to talk to someone I was basically given a run-around and after I insisted that I "cancel", she said I might receive a refund check for $159.95 (less $20 "cancellation fee" in "4 to 6 weeks" "according to APN’s policy". The individual I talked to told me she was "not an employee of APN". So apparently this was some sort of call center front operation under contract."

The information given in the above paragraph is accurate to the best of my knowledge. My other comments that I made in my original 6/25 report were not intended as assertions of fact and were not assertions of fact. My other comments other than the comments quoted directly above were mere opinion and included speculation as to why it is that APN collected my money but failed do deliver any magazines.

It may be that APN is defrauding magazine subscribers. That is possible. Of course, anything is possible. Or it may be that APN is incompetent and otherwise unable to meet their contractual obligations in my particular case. It may be that APN merely mishandled my particular order. It may be that, in my particular case, others besides APN have failed to deliver magazines through no fault of APN. It does seem to me as if I have been defrauded of my $179.95. However, that is only a perception based on the above facts. In a phone call yesterday, APN indicated through its agent that APN "may" refund my money less $20 within six weeks. Of course, I think APN has an obligation to refund all of my money because it engaged in a contract with me (as far as I understand the transaction) to have 52 London Economist magazines delivered to me in exchange for $179.95. If they fail to perform, and so far APN has failed to perform within the time frame stated by APN, then APN should return all of my money. But, even if my money less $20 is returned to me, I will update my report to reflect that APN has behaved honestly towards me and I hope I get to do that.

So, in the mean time, I will continue to believe the confused and incompetent people in the world vastly outnumber the truly evil people in the world.

If APN does not return my money or have magazines delivered to me as promised, then it will be reasonable for me to conclude that I have been defrauded.