Complaint Review: Association Management Group

• Updated: Tue, December 13, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Association Management Group
211 Main Street Pineville, North Carolina United States of America

Association Management Group University Heights (Townes) HOA AMG, a group of nonresponsive bloodsuckers who want to run a community like a concentration camp. Pineville, North Carolina

I have completely had it with this HOA...recently as of October 2011 they towed my roomate's vehicle. Of course this was after I sent in the new resident information to have his car added to the list they supposably keep.  I have copies of the emails sent to Dacy Flynt of the new resident acquisition along with numerous requests to give me my visitor/resident tags.

I've been living in the University Heights subdivision in Charlotte, NC for 12 years now and this is the third time a vehicle belonging to myself, a visitor, and now roommate has been towed without reason.  It's like they just have the right to do anything they want.  I've sent emails to the HOA committee, Dacy, and AMG corporate with no success.  As of now they owe me $360 in towing fees..oh wait lets inlcude the $20 late fee they like to charge every month and over the past two years this pushes it up to around $700.

Also, they keep raising the fees EVERY YEAR! From the original $95 per month they have not only raised this monthly assessment to $153 starting next year, but have incorporated and additional assessment of $240 on top of that.  This was nowhere in my original contracts when I bought the place in '99.  There is this clause where if they don't get 75% of the homeowner's approval to raise rates; then it drops to 50%...25% until there little group of people raise the rates despite our disapproval.

There are some shady practices going on...back in 2006 I suddently out of the blue received a lein on my property (Date was approximately April 2006) stating I had an unpaid balance of around $400.  No warning, just a letter from an Attorney at Sellers, Hinshaw, Ayers, Dortch & Lyons stating a lein has been placed on my residence.  I walk into my local Wachovia branch and have one of their representatives print me a record of payment to my HOA for the past year and a half...put these copies in an envelope and call the attorney asking where I should send my payment information.  Well I don't even get to speak to the attorney; just left a voicemail.  Never sent the packet and received a letter two weeks later stating the lein had been dropped.  I mean if there really was an outstanding payment wouldn't they want to see some proof? Doesn't this seem suspicious like they are just fishing for money.

And they want to state in their bylaws restricting how many visitors we can have over (two to be exact).  I mean after all I do make the mortgage payments..this is not a rental unit and I'm not some college kid.  Last time I checked this is America right? Land of the Free huh? (at least within legal ramifications).  I really hate living here...AMG has made University Heights into a concentration camp.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2011 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Association-Management-Group/Pineville-North-Carolina-28247/Association-Management-Group-University-Heights-Townes-HOA-AMG-a-group-of-nonresponsive-809075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Association Management Group