Complaint Review: assurance insurance

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa — Akron Ohio United States of America
assurance insurance
11222 quail roost drive miami, Florida United States of America

assurance insurance agi renters special thought we had legitimate renters insurance, had a plumbing prolblem in the home that ruined my household items, called to file a claim, there is NO ONE to speak to or file with. On hold three times n miami, Florida

We are renters in Akron Ohio. Needed renters insurance. Found a company with a decent monthly payment of 46.00 a month an signed up. provided our insurance information, credit card for direct debt to pay our bill. We have had this policy since last year and found ourselves in a situation in which we needed to file a claim. Had a toilet overflow from the second floor, through the heating duct and down into our recently finished basement (daughters bedroom). Flooring now warped, mattress needs cleaned, dresser...everything ruined. Called this evening, waited an hour and a half on line. no answer. called back to the customer service department where "tanisha" stated she would stay on the line with me until someone answered.

After 45 minutes of listening to "a representative will be with you shortly" on my second line which I had opened, I called "tanisha" back and asked her what the problem was and why didnt she contact anyone? She states they are short staffed and I couldnt stay on the line with you. sorry. Phone line again still open open on recording playing over and over, now 2 hours, 4 minutes. second day. I realize there is no such person whom is going to let us file a claim. They just took our payment but there is nothing more that is going to happen except that we have been ripped off. We will file with the state and continue forward with this. DO NOT sign with AGI insurance, should have known when the policy came in the mail stating "AGI RENTERS SPECIAL" what a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/assurance-insurance/miami-Florida-33157/assurance-insurance-agi-renters-special-thought-we-had-legitimate-renters-insurance-had-a-990913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on assurance insurance