Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Updated: Mon, February 24, 2014

• Reported By: Russell — St. Louis Missouri
Assurance Wireless
Parsippany, New Jersey USA

Assurance Wireless Owned by Virgin Mobile and Sprint They accused me of not sending back their replacement phone, which was never even activated, then suspended my service! Parsippany New Jersey

I recieved my lifeline phone from Assurance Wireless in early November. Shortly thereafter, the phone stopped working. I requested and recieved a replacement phone, but my old phone started working on its own, so I put the unused, unactivated replaceme nt phone in the paddedenvelope provided and put it in the mail box.

Shortly thereafter, I started recieving texts and phone calls that I needed to return the replacement phone, which I had already done. I've made numerous phone calls to Customer Service as well as sent at least 7 E-mails trying to resolve this matter, but they insist their "Replacement Specialist" never recieved the phone, and even told me to go to the Post Office to try to locate it there! On February14, 2014, they suspended my service, though I've done everything requested (except the Post Office!). Now, when ever I try to send a text with the phone, which is (314)-322-7799, it says I'm not currently authorized to use their service. I have no usable Lifeline phone from Assurance Wireless, as it has been rendered unauthorized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2014 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Assurance-Wireless-Owned-by-Virgin-Mobile-and-Sprint-They-accused-me-of-not-sending-back-1126122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless