Complaint Review: asurion

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — woodbridge Virginia United States of America
asurion

asurion sprint Paid high deductible for reconditioned messed up phone, Internet

I have been paying $7 a month for 15 months. That’s $100. When I lost my phone, Sprint sent me to Asurion. They said I would get all of my information back if I used that company and got the same phone. So I paid them $100. That’s $200 total.

When I first received it, I was happy. It arrived within 2 days and seemed to work. After a few days, people couldn’t hear me when I talked on the phone. They sent me another one and I sent the old one back. The second one they sent wouldn’t activate. I was going to send it back, but by night time it was working. It would not, however, sync to my computer. Then the screen started going blank when I made calls, I had to pull the battery to stop calls.

I called the company and they soft reset it. It worked for a week, and then started again. I called and the girl said they would try to hard reset it. This would erase all of my information, so I had to manually copy it all down. I called back and got the run around. They needed a pass word, the $100 is non- refundable, and they can do another soft reset.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They just send you reconditioned phones. Try to back up your phone every night in case you lose it, and just get the upgrade.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/asurion/internet/asurion-sprint-Paid-high-deductible-for-reconditioned-messed-up-phone-Internet-699611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on asurion