Complaint Review: Asus Technology Service Inc

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: HRM — Indianapolis Indiana
Asus Technology Service Inc
121 River Ridge Circle Jeffersonville, Indiana USA

Asus Technology Service Inc Unresponsive Unknowledgeable Ridiculous Unconsiderate Illiterate Disinclined Inattentive Passive Jeffersonville Indiana

We purchased our computer from a chain store and it needed repair. They had us send it to Asus so they could repair the problem. (They charged $70 in shipping fees and we are in state). We got the computer back and 6 weeks later the same part had to be replaced again! We took it to the chain & they agreed to send it to another company. We mentioned we should have done that the 1st time to avoid the $70 shipping fee. The chain was sorry for the fee being charged to us instead of them as Asus usually does. The chain store said if we have Asus send a detailed report of what they did the store would be happy to return the fee.

It seems easy enough to call the company and request the information the information. However, it was definitely not simple in any way! We called the number that we finally found on a yellow page type website but never really found a normal website you would expect for a computer company.  I called and got a busy signal for over an hour! I have not heard a busy signal for years until that day, it seemed very unprofessional.  When I finally got through, they were now closed.

I decided to try earlier today on my attempt to contact customer service. I called 812-282-4151 and followed the command prompts and after a ridiculously long wait, I was talking to a real person! I soon realized he was foreign and could not understand me any more than i could understand me. Soon he told me that I had called the wrong number and I needed to dial 888-678-3688 and they will be happy to help me. I happened to have the tv on and noticed it was 3:58 pm. I called the 2nd number and went through the request for a fax to be sent. We spent time trying to find any information about our repair and there was no evidence that we were ever a customer & I must have called the wrong company! I ask how many Asus computer companies there were in Jeffersonvill, IN and he assured me there was just one but I didn't know what I was talking about. He then told me in his totally broken attempt at english at best to call my 3rd number at 812-282-2787.

So I dial this 3rd number and get a busy signal! What? I did not even know you could still get a busy signal, especially at a business! Could a business be so cheap that they can't have multiple lines or a voice mail so they can get back to you? It took over 10 minutes to get to deal with my next computer prompts and hold for several minutes only to hear "I am so sorry but you are at the wrong department but if you call 888-678-3688 they will definitely be able to assist you there. My face is getting a nice shade of pink and my heart rate is getting higher but I really want this taken care of so I get my $70 back. I am now dialing the 4th number trying to find the right dept.

I won't bother you with each call I had to make, but I will tell you that I dialed #5 812-339-2787, #6 back to 812-282-2787, #7 back to 888-678-3688, #8 812-282-4151 (back to the 1st number I called), #9 888-678-3688, I was told this was a "Direct Line" and it would take me straight to a service representative which I knew was a lie because I had already called it, so they told me to dial 0 at the prompt even though it is not an option it will take you straight to a person, I called and pushed the magic 0 and it said to please push a valid response! I decided to try pushing the prompt that said they would help me and again they had "no way to assist me. Honestly, they sent me back to 812-282-2787 at which point I was livid!

They truly tried to send me to another line and I told him how I had been transferred now #10 times, lied to #10 times being told I would be helped and how they were giving me a direct line to avoid the computer prompts, etc. I had asked,3 previous times to speak to management and was told they were too busy, they dont have any management and told flat out no!  I said I need to speak with management now! He disappeared, no please hold, nothing, no hold music, etc! Thank goodness I held the line because 6 minutes later he picks up and says, "are you still there" in his quiet, not close to english voice. I said "yes" and he offered to call the department I need and explain it to them so they understood my request, then we could have a 3 way conversatiin until the oroblem was resolved! If they can do that, why did they not do it the very 1st time?!?! I never was allowed to speak to management.

The last reoresentative told me there was no good reason to take the managers time when the problem has been resolved! I asked if I could please speak to the management because I have had such a problem getting help and he again told me that it was not necessary beuse he solved the problem quite easily and the manager cant give me my time back or change my frustration, only I can change my attitude to be happy again! Wow, there are simply no words to explain my level of frustration! The rep then said, since I have so quickly solved your problem today, "would you please fill out this survey to tell them what a great job I have done?", you have got to be kidding but YES, I want the survey!!!

In summery, I was transferred 10 times where I had to dial and 1 time where they transferred,me. I placed my 1st phone call at 3:58 pm,  I never stepped away or took a break from calling. I ended my calls at 5:54 pm. I spet a total of 1 hour 56 minutes either on a call speaking to a person, trying to get through all the computer operated prompts, sitting on hold listening to awful music, non-stop redialing one number or dialing the phone 10 times. This is totally uncalled for and an embarrassment to any company! A company who wants to appear established and trustworthy has a good website that you know is Asus and has a lot of information about what services they offer, where you are located, hours of services and any and all contact information you can give! The only way I got any of that is through white pages, yellow pages and sites of that nature. I can only think that it is because there are so many horrible reports about your company that you dont want to advertise well and have people see all the negative comments that are already available. I feel you are obviously trying to hide something and are doing business is fradulant. If you recall, the chain store where we purchased the computer chose to do the work at a different facility the 2nd time because when Asus "fixed" it, it was not working 3 weeks later! This is a desktop pc, not something you carry around or or can treat carelessly. The chain store said that the Asus repair used a product that was not near the quality of the original and in a graphics card it makes a huge difference! Asus also installed it very poorly which led to its falling apart. Not to mention charging us the $70 shipping fee instead of sending the bill to the store where we bought it!

My last complaint is the language. I understand, but don't agree, with outsourcing the customer service phone lines. Yes, you can get it for a much lower. cost! However, they need to be able to speak fluent english and understand the english language!  I had one man that as I was spelling my name he thought a Y was an I after saying it and saying Y as in yes 3 times. There were other letters as well and he had a hard time keeping the phone numbers he was giving me in the right order.  There was not one person who spoke loud enough to hear clearly and they all used "uh" between most words because they struggle with the language. I am not certain if 3 of the reps I spoke to even could comprehend what I was saying. This made a frustrating situation become a furious state of mind!

I have never written a negative review in my life! I apologize for it being so long even though I left a large part out. I just can not tolerate such extremely horrid customer service! The illiterate reps who pass you on simply because they dont know what you are saying, they guy who cant follow yiu reading back a phone number that he just gave me,  the unwilling to let you speak with management, ect!  The entire process was riduculous! I would be embarrassed to be connected in any way to Asus! I urge you to not do any business there! If your chain store suggests says send it there ask for an alternate location. (They can find another.) Your computer will be fixed cheaply and with inadequate parts.

One last thing that truly made me laugh was when the final guy who agreed to send a fax for me (remember I only needed to have the explanition of what they did sent to a fax number!) was so proud of himself that even after I requested to speak to the manager, and he refused to transfer me, he happily said "Since I was so quick to solve your problem today, I would love for you to complete a quick survey so they know how happy you are to have this taken care of by me. Would you be willing to take this survey for me today please"... I said" YES"!! Lol, not even literate enough to know I am furious!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus-Technology-Service-Inc/Jeffersonville-Indiana-47130/Asus-Technology-Service-Inc-Unresponsive-Unknowledgeable-Ridiculous-Unconsiderate-Illiter-1125232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus Technology Service Inc