Complaint Review: Asus

• Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: David — Berkeley California
Asus
800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539 Berkeley, California USA

Asus Asustek "Sebastian", "Jolene Lyseng", "Asley Ingram" laptop repair gone up in smoke Berkeley Fremont

I bought an Asus laptop in 2009. It was damaged recently and I filed an insurance claim. The insurance company needed to know the extent of the damage. I arranged for a RMA with Asus, which was almost instantaneous. After that point the problems began. It took 17 days for them to respond via e-mail - and they gave me three days to say yes or no! I was asked to fill out a form with my credit card number, signature and fax it in. For some reason I had to copy the price of the repair manually from the e-mail. The fax number given did not work, it just rang and rang. I called and eventually was told the the number was correct (in spite of what I told them).

I scanned the form and sent it as an attachement to the e-mail address and it got bounced back immediately, written in Chinese characters (the facility is in California). I called and eventually was passed form person to person and finally given another e-mail address.The same thing happened - an immediate bounce back. Eventually I got two automated responses. Since that time the web "repair status" page has said the computer is "waiting". I never got an invoice or receipt for the credit card payment.

I've never been able to speak with anyone other than the people who answer the phone - I've been told at different times that the computer system is out of order and they are unable to check the status, that a supervisor is busy on another call, that my case has been "escalated", that the computer might be repaird but they can't speak to anyone in the repair facility, that I will get an e-mail, that I will get a call back. In other words, no one can account for the computer, whether it has been repaired or being repaired or anything else. I have never been given a direct line, nor is there a way to speak with anyone "high up".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus/Berkeley-California-94708/Asus-Asustek-Sebastian-Jolene-Lyseng-Asley-Ingram-laptop-repair-gone-up-in-smoke-1097230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus