Complaint Review: Asus

• Updated: Mon, October 14, 2013

• Reported By: Annoyed — south shore Kentucky
ASUS Computer International 800 Corporate Way fremont, California USA

Asus Horrable warranty service, stole parts from me fremont California

I bought 2x ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

One of them failed just over a year old so i called asus and had an RMA set up. The tech emailed me info needed to RMA the board including shipping addres and instructions to remove things like memory and processor. The instruction were in PDF format. I followed the directions to the letter and promptly mailed the board to the address listen in the pdf file.

I waited a week and decided to call in and check on my RMA stsuts. They couldnt find my RMA number and after sever calls, i managed to find out that the tech gave me the wrong info. So they assigned it a new RMA and slow shipped it to the proper facility.

After having my board for over a month i finally got it back in the mail. The board was missing vital (factory installed) parts and is unusealbe without them.

I called asus and they sent me another PDF file. This time it said i had to give them my credit card information to pay for the parts they stole. After many calls and cussing battles, they still will not ship the vital parts back to me.

The parts are the black bracket that the cpu heatsink and fan clips onto.

I am stuck with a useless board now and asus refuses to do anything about it. In my opinion, they did this on purpose to recoup some of the costs for the warranty repair. Why else would they remove those factory installed parts and not give them back? They claim it was an accessory. An accessory is something you add onto the board. Parts that come factory installed on the board are not accessories by true terms of the definition.

Asus freaking stole from me and thats that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 11:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asus/fremont-California-94539/Asus-Horrable-warranty-service-stole-parts-from-me-fremont-California-1091733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asus