Complaint Review: ASUS

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: pingme — Calgary Canada
ASUS
ASUS Service Ctr, RMA Dept.1954 Main Street West North Bay, Ontario United States of America

ASUS Transformer Prime- Expensive but generally faulty North Bay, Ontario

I bought an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 in April 2012 after being convinced that the product, thought more expensive has more features that similar products in the market.

I must add it costs $500 + GST for this product, when similar products are $100 cheaper.

After about three months, I wanted to used the main and noticed the screen was green and the camera not functional. I went on to read blogs and found that many people are having similar issues wit this new product.

I called the service center and they told me to perform a reset, which meant I lost the data, yet the problem was not fixed, so I was told to send the product in for repairs.  Sending from Calgary to Ontario cost me $25.

I got the 'fixed' camera back after about four weeks and it was working.

Three months later the problem was back. Now I have been told to resend for repairs and that means I will have to spend another $25 which I'm not prepared to spend because this will mean I'm spending additional significant sums of money on a product I already paid a premium to procure.

The support staff are not in anyway ready to take on the responsibility of shipment. There is even no assurance that the problem won't re-occur because it is apparently a general manufacturer's fault.

This product needs to be recalled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASUS/North-Bay-Ontario-P1B-8G5/ASUS-Transformer-Prime-Expensive-but-generally-faulty-North-Bay-Ontario-991834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASUS