Complaint Review: ATG CREDIT AND COLUMBIA HOUSE BMG MUSIC

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Aotherdisgusetedvictim — Glen Head New York
ATG CREDIT AND COLUMBIA HOUSE BMG MUSIC
PO Box 14895 Chicago, Illinois USA

ATG CREDIT AND COLUMBIA HOUSE BMG MUSIC False credit reporting, scam, Chicago Illinois

when I applied to refinance my home I was denied and was advised that I had an outstanding Debt to ATG credit.  This was the first I had heard of it.

I called the company telling them I had no knowledge of this, their representative, Justina,  was verbally abusive, called me a liar, refused to give me any information about the debt, told me they have been calling me for years (completely untrue), refused to give me the creditor's address, and hung up on me when I requested verification.  A few days later, I received an undated letter - a request for payment in the mail - my first notice.  The amount is for $23.65.

Yesterday, after being denied a car loan from 2 banks, my credit union suggested I pay the debt.  Today, I went online to pay it just to get rid of it and when I did a search for the company, I saw that other people are also being scammed - None of the amounts being disputed are over $35.00.  I had a gut feeling that something was wrong here; this company knows people will pay such a small amount in order to fix their credit.  They need to be stopped. I am contacting the attorney general for IL as well as all theee credit bureaus ans the BBB.  By the way, I did get a car loan at 9.09% thanks to BMG.  This company needs to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATG-CREDIT-AND-COLUMBIA-HOUSE-BMG-MUSIC/Chicago-Illinois-60614/ATG-CREDIT-AND-COLUMBIA-HOUSE-BMG-MUSIC-False-credit-reporting-scam-Chicago-Illinois-1121051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATG CREDIT AND COLUMBIA HOUSE BMG MUSIC