Complaint Review: Athtendo, Inc aka Gregory McCray

Athtendo, Inc aka Gregory McCray aka Chase Hill SCAM Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: I have also been ripped off by him out of $700

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: please contact

*Author of original report: Update - Personal Website

While looking for a job (I'm unemployed) I found an ad on Craigslist from a company named Athtendo, Inc. After reading the description and requirements, I applied for a position. Days later I received an email from the HR Director, Katherine Bradbury, confirming that they received my application and it was going to be reviewed. A couple of days later I received a text message from Chase Hill who introduced himself as the CEO and Founder of Athtendo, Inc., and was interested in meeting me for an interview; then he send via email some documents in PDF to fill out in advance (employment form, W2, etc). I printed and filled them out, but it took some days more to get that interview.

When he called me he asked me to meet him at his office in Miami Lakes (according to their website, the offices were in Downtown Miami), so I went there and met him and had the interview, and it all seemed legit. Then he said that he reviewed my resume and thought I was a good fit for the position and that I was hired since my availability was immediate. But then it happened: He said that, in order to be 100% hired, I had to pay upfront $125.00 for a payroll online class given by ADP (per his words) with the promise of getting a certification and also to finally work at Athtendo. Even though I am a cautious person and take this sort of cases with a pinch of salt, I didn't feel neither see red flags around.

At that moment I didn't have the money, but my dad lent me the money so I could get a money order to pay and meet his hiring requirements; after that, I only have had scarce phone calls and text messages from him giving me the runaround about my start date and the scanned copy of the money order I gave him; and when I repeatedly called him I only got a voicemail recording, and days later, another recording saying that his cell phone number (it was then (954) 901-1944) was disconnected. Not only did I call him but also sent emails reminding him to let me know when I finally started working and to send me the copy of the scanned money order.

Two days later he called me from another number and told me the story that he had to change his personal cellphone number because he broke up with his girlfriend, and also to say that I was good to go and that my background was OK and that he would call me again to confirm the date I was finally starting there. That didn't happen, and when I called to the new number he gave me I heard the voicemail recording with his voice but with another name: Gregory McCrae. Then I realized that something wasn't right, and on top of that, I never heard from him again, even though I left messages and sent emails, and yesterday I checked on the company's website and in the 'About' section I noticed that the name was changed from Chase Hill (who claimed to be a philantropist) to Gregory McCrae, and looking further into internet I discovered that he has a negative report in this website from another person who has been scammed. I really can't believe why people are so inconsiderate enough to do this knowingly. I haven't reported him to the police yet, but that's the next thing I'll do IMMEDIATELY. And I definitely will need help with this, so if you have been tricked too, please REPORT IT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Athtendo-Inc-aka-Gregory-McCray/Miami-Florida-33131/Athtendo-Inc-aka-Gregory-McCray-aka-Chase-Hill-SCAM-Miami-Florida-1088934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Athtendo, Inc aka Gregory McCray

I have also been ripped off by him out of $700

AUTHOR: ANONYMOUS - ()

I also was ripped off and filed a police and FBI report in June 2013! I also have 2 friends he ripped off as well under different company/ name! I do have a report I filed then! Please contact me (((phone number redacted)))

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

please contact

AUTHOR: julia anderpants - ()

hello

I am a former employee of athtendo inc. i just wanted to touch base with someone else who experienced this scam so i could get more information on my own case. please email me @ julia.anderpants@gmail.com. thanks

Update - Personal Website

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

His 'personal' website is http://www.gregorymccray.com/

There was a typo about his name. It's confirmed as GREGORY MCCRAY (not McCrae... my bad!).

Also: