- Report: #903044
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: atlanta luxury motors
atlanta luxury motors2520 pleasant hill rd atlanta, Georgia United States of America
atlanta luxury motors hidden car damage like in another post & warranty ripoff atlanta, Georgia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Just like this post, my car showed no accident in Carfax but is actually engaged in a moderate accident on year ago prior to my purchase:
ALM stated on its website that the car has clear Carfax and Autocheck reports. During the sales process they only showed me the Carfax one. I trusted them until 1 month after my purchase when I checked this car using Autocheck. It was engaged in a moderate accident in Florida. To verify this, I purchased the car accident police report online (all Florida accidents have records online and you can purchase one for your car for $12). Contacted ALM and of course they denied everything.
2. I bought a warranty for my BMW 528i here (contract number R1086064) for $3,672 and at this price it is supposed to provide me with the best coverage possible. I orally confirmed three times with the finance manager Tom that the coverage is for additional 75,000 miles. I trusted him. After 3 months I called the warranty provider and they told me the coverage is UP TO 75,000 miles. Since the original BMW factory warranty covers up to 50,000 miles, this means I paid $3,672 for a total coverage of 25,000 miles. For your reference, a top (platinum) BMW factory extended warranty, which covers up to 100,000 miles, only costs me $3,350. A warranty that covers 25,000 miles and costs $3,672 is a total ripoff by any standard (unless you purchase a Bentley or Lamborghini). After complaining our case to him, Tom initially refused to admit that he said "additional 75,000 miles", then used all kinds of tricks and bad attitudes to stop our warranty cancellation. For example, he asked for $300 cancellation fee on behalf of Atlanta Luxury Motors (rather than the warranty provider). Long story short, we finally got this fee "waived", and signed the cancellation form. Do we know how much we are going to get? Nope, the only option we have is to wait. We waited. After 2 weeks we called the warranty provider, and they told us the warranty is still in effect! The beauty is we can only cancel this warranty through Atlanta Luxury Motors, rather than directly through the warranty provider (obviously ALM have a pretty strong business tie with them). DO NOT BUY ANY WARRANTY FROM ATLANTA LUXURY MOTORS!!! Lastly, the warranty provider is National Auto Care. I didn't get a chance to use it and to be objective, I provide no comment on the warranty provider.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2012 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/atlanta-luxury-motors/atlanta-Georgia-30096/atlanta-luxury-motors-hidden-car-damage-like-in-another-post-warranty-ripoff-atlanta-G-903044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.