Complaint Review: Atlantic Builders

• Reported By: dmac — Locust grove Virginia
Atlantic Builders
10712 Ballantraye Drive Fredericksburg, Virginia USA

Atlantic Builders Walked Out Of A Contract Fredericksburg Virginia

Be very careful when having a house built.

In October of 2012 my wife and I signed a contract with Atlantic Builders to have a home built on our land in Stafford VA. We used our land as collateral so we would not need to put money down. The contract was for a turnkey package that included all home site improvements including the driveway and clearing of the property.  Before presenting us with a contract they had an engineer perform a site plan and adjusted the price accordingly.  Atlantic Builders received the building permit in March of 2013 and within two weeks began clearing the property.

By April, two weeks into the property clearing project, we received a call from our sales person indicating that there was a problem with the soil and that we need to have a meeting to discuss options.  At the meeting the options presented to us were to come up with an additional $125,000 dollars (which they claim was needed to complete the drive way) or halt construction.  At that time I was very upset and did not understand what was going on.  I thought we had a contract and they should honor it.

I asked what would happen at that point and they stated that they would not charge us for all of the work already done on the property and they would release the property back to us.  What they didn’t say was that they were going to leave the property with piles of trees, stumps and roots all over it.  So now it’s June and I’m still waiting to get my property back from them.  They keep stating that they need to wait until the county releases their bond before they can transfer the property. Don’t get me wrong I’m not on here to slam Atlantic Builders, I’m just speaking from personal experience and I think my situation could have been handled at lot better.   So again anyone who is looking to have a house built please be careful.  Atlantic Builders has scarred me for life.  I will never have a house built.  I will buy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 04:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlantic-Builders/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22407/Atlantic-Builders-Walked-Out-Of-A-Contract-Fredericksburg-Virginia-1060925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlantic Builders