Complaint Review: Atlas Lending Group

• Submitted: Tue, June 21, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, December 19, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Atlas Lending Group
26500 West Agoura Road #200 Calabasas, California U.S.A.

Atlas Lending Group in Calabasas. Ripoff, dishonest, shady business practices. they will say anything to get a sell, and charge you the most for your mortgage. Calabasas California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Richard is right

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Atlas Lending Group IS DISHONEST

*UPDATE Employee: LIES OF A FIRED EMPLOYEE

Atlas Lending Group in Calabasas has some very shady business practices. i was contacted by one of their sales people and decided to do some research on their company.

they purchase lists of homeowners then call and state that they are calling on behalf of the home owner's current lender's wholesale department, i called my current lender to find it to be untrue. They ask to verify the first 2 digits of the social for security purposes, i saw no harm in only giving 2. they already had the last 7 digits, so now they have my social security number. i asked them how i can know if they are a legitimate business, they told me they are registered with the Better Business Bureau. i called the BBB and Atlas Lending is not a member.

they say that they are calling because the current lender would like to keep them as a happy customer, this is also another lie. i spoke to one of my neighbors who said he was also contacted by them, only they said they were working with the government doing a special program to make sure that homeowner's are being treated fairly and receiving proper rates and services.

this is my warning, do not get suckered by this company, they are shady and dishonest.

Richard
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2005 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atlas-Lending-Group/Calabasas-California-91335/Atlas-Lending-Group-in-Calabasas-Ripoff-dishonest-shady-business-practices-they-will-s-147003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atlas Lending Group

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Richard is right

AUTHOR: itscrazy101 - (United States of America)

As a ex employee myself I would like to see if you have a private email or contact info so I can talk to you about this shady company. I no its been some years but hopefully you get this. Isabelle if you can send me one as well.

AUTHOR: Atlas - (U.S.A.)

Isabelle, We are sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please contact the Client Relations team at help@atlaslendinggroup.com so that we may discuss your situation. Our goal is for every client to have an outstanding experience with Atlas Lending Group which is why 94% of our clients say they would refer us to friends and family. We look forward to hearing from you.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Atlas Lending Group IS DISHONEST

AUTHOR: Isabelle - (U.S.A.)

Everything that Richard of San Diego says is true. I worked at Atlas. And if the defender of Atlas is actually telling the truth when he claims the lies were isolated (Atlas Lending Group actually has a SCRIPT to teach its sales people exactly what Richard wrote about), then why does Richard only know what was said to the majority of the clients, and not what kind of circus was unfolding behind the scenes as well?

Behind the scenes, the lies were so inventive ("We have a multi-million dollar credit repair computer program so expensive that even Washington Mutual can't afford it!") that I actually began pondering on basing a screen play off the animalistic frenzied war zone that these jokesters had set up. I was there. Richard is right. But Richard only knows the half of it.

And Atlas can try to call me a disgruntled employee, but it doesn't change what kind of people run that show or that Atlas fired me FOR TELLING THE TRUTH. Yes, Atlas, I'm the one who corrected your lie about having a close relationship with Countrywide at the time that Countrywide was refusing to do business with you...Hm...Now what kind of a lie can you make up about me and Countrywide?

LIES OF A FIRED EMPLOYEE

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

The lies in the rip off report have been made by an ex-employee who was terminated. The misleading sales pitch was used by the employee or his roommate, both of whom are no longer with the company. Atlas is a member of the Better Business Bureau and does not engage in false, fraudulent or misleading advertising or sales and does not over charge their customers.