Complaint Review: Atmos Energy

• Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: disappointed — dallas Texas
Atmos Energy
po box 790311 st louis, Montana USA

Atmos Energy my gas bill for the month was $307 with $90 new service fee, company placed order to check meter and call me back, they cxled order and did not contact me for two months and then terminated my service. New bill $537. I am single mom, three children and all manager can say you got a bill can't help until pay. Never paid so much on monthly bill for my gas. st louis Montana

*Consumer Comment: wow!

I called in January due to my first bill was $307 with $90 down for new address service fee. I was told they would palce an order to have a tech go out check the meter and would get a call for results. Today March my srvices get disconnected and I have to take 1 hour of work to call and find out what is going on. Agent told me that the order had been cancelled on their side but would not tell me why. I asked why did not I rnot get notified and she stated that is why I received a bill for the next month. How does the bill explain your oreder was cancelled and  now you got to pay. I spoke to manager that said the same and stated they could no longer help until I pay $537 to reinstate my gas which included $65 for turn on services. If their duty as a company was to notify me that nothing was going to be done why was it not done. If they would have told me that according to them all wasread correctly I would have made arrangements to pay. Manager would not give other agents name, id # nor someone else to contact above her, she stated all I needed to know was her name and nothing else, pay the bill then they could recheck the new meter. Very upseting I live on a month to month check and budget everything. Got paid this Friday that passed and because they could not notify me with a call or a letter, that is not a bill, I have to be with no heater or hot water for 2 weeks. And afterwards I will basically be stuck with $200 bills because they say there is a possible water leak that is causing my gas bill to increase. Wow. Now agents are water pipe experts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Atmos-Energy/st-louis-Montana-63179/Atmos-Energy-my-gas-bill-for-the-month-was-307-with-90-new-service-fee-company-placed-1131577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Atmos Energy

wow!

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Where did you learn to spell???  Your service was cut off because you did not pay your bill!  I have had this service for over 15 years and I was offered average billing and took it.  I suggest you pay your bill and your bill so your service will not be shut off!  If you can afford internet service you can afford your heating bill.  Stop playing the victim.