Complaint Review: ATS Systems

• Updated: Thu, April 24, 2014

• Reported By: samuraidan — Bronx New York
ATS Systems
131 Bloor Street West Toronto, Ontario Canada

ATS Systems ATS-Systems.com Simple error made worse by horrible custom service and cover up to be fraudulent Toronto Ontario

I was in the market for a touch screen display, specifically the Lenovo LT1423p.  Google shopping listed ATS-Systems.com as the lowest priced vendor for that particular item. I live in New York, and Ats-systems is a company located in Canada.  When arriving at the site, the price listed was $462 CAD (An important destinction), which converts to something like $419 US which is a great bargain for the item.  Before placing the order I called and specifically asked about the conversion of the price because I didn't want to hastily make the purchase and realize that I had made a mistake in pricing.  I was told by the customer service agent the price would be converted during processing.  I placed the order and was charged nearly $529 for the product with taxes and free shipping.  I called the customer service representative and explained to him my issue, and he kept telling me that because they were in Canada that in Canada there was a Canadian price and American customers saw a different price.  He was really rude and condesending, so I told him I just wanted the order canceled, so he kept me on hold for a long period of time and then hung up on me.  I called back several times and was sent directly to voicemail and just ignored.  I left a message telling them I was contacting my lawyer, BBB and leaving reviews online, I also contacted my bank to challenge the claim.  I later recieved some long, inaccurate email about what occurred after I threatened them with a lawsuit.

What I believe happened is the price for the item was mislabeled with a CAD rather than USD and to cover it up they manufactured this ridiculous story.  I tend to not claim companies are corrupt.  I think what happened here was likely a simple mistake on the backend of the site, coupled with really really really terrible customer service. I'm more concrned that the customer service at ATS is really crappy.  If they would have just said, hey the priced was labeled wrong we're very sorry, I would have been very disappointed but I would have understood.  Instead the guy was just a jerk on top of trying to mislead me into believe some bs story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATS-Systems/Toronto-Ontario-m5/ATS-Systems-ATS-Systemscom-Simple-error-made-worse-by-horrible-custom-service-and-cover-1141316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATS Systems