Complaint Review: AT&T - Cingular Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 12, 2009

• Reported By:Duluth Georgia
AT&T - Cingular Wireless
2131 PLEASANT HILL RD Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

AT&T - Cingular Wireless is selling used phones as new Duluth Georgia

I first went to AT&T on State bridge road to purchase a Samsung blackjack 2 because the company charged my credit card 3 times over the phone and somehow they couldnt get my phone to me. They cited it was a "glitch" in their system. I still havent received the refunds from the charges.

I walked into the store on State Bridge Road in Duluth and they went to get my new blackjack 2 after reviewing the case notes. The rep took it out of the box and turned it on. It had an Indian womens face on it and was full of the previous users personal information. He looked at me and said "Opps guess I grabbed a used phone." He went to the back and retrieved another one that appeared to be new. Maybe an honest mistake? I thought so until today.

Today, I took my girlfriends phone in to get upgraded. This store was located in the same city, but a different location. I own the account and make the payments. She was so excited when I showed up to surprise her with a new 8GB iPhone 3G. She was so excited about her phone until today. She found out that the phone was actually previously used as well. She went to download music and app's to her phone only to discover it had another person's email address attached to the itunes account on the phone.

Now not only can she not use the account because obviously she doesnt know the previous owners password, she also is in possession of a wonderful USED, but sold as brand new iPhone 3G. Yes folks thats right the second occurence at two different stores in the same week. Is this just merely a coincidence? I think not. Do you ever wonder what happens to a phone when its returned? Maybe its resold as brand new to you, like it was me.

Rjoyner17
Duluth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Cingular-Wireless/Duluth-Georgia-30096/ATT-Cingular-Wireless-is-selling-used-phones-as-new-Duluth-Georgia-433689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T - Cingular Wireless