Complaint Review: AT&T U-verse

• Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By: Karl — Burlington North Carolina United States of America
AT&T U-verse
P.O. Box 5093 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

AT&T U-verse Salespeople lie about fees and what is needed to connect and almost imposible to cancel Carol Stream, Illinois

This is very complicated, but it all began when the salesperson for AT&T neglected to inform me that I needed a phone jack to hook up their AT&T U-Verse internet.  Their is no phone jack in my house and it is a rental property. Much to my surprise they wanted an additional $140. to come out to install the phone jack.

To make a long story short, I was having no part of this and it took three days of calling to cancel my service which I never began.

The next issue was sending back the equipment.  They had no idea how to do this.  Spent four hours that day on the phone trying to make this happen.  They said to take the equipment to UPS and gave me a number.  UPS said they did not ship this item and had at least 5 per day just the same.  After several more hours on the phone, I ended up taking it to the post office and payed to ship it to Texas myself.

A couple weeks later I received a bill from AT&T.  I never had service, I talked to it seemed like hundreds of people and they still sent a bill.

I called to see what it was all about and I was informed that I still had to pay for installation for the service person who came out to check the lines prior to my installation.  There was no installation, period.

I thought that AT&T was all about communication.  It is not about the money.  It is about their lack of communication, and their inability to even know what they are selling and what the fees are.

I would never recommend them for any thing.  I think that I should be allowed to bill them for all of the time that I wasted on the phone and of course much stress over crappy service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2012 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-verse/Carol-Stream-Illinois-/ATT-U-verse-Salespeople-lie-about-fees-and-what-is-needed-to-connect-and-almost-imposibl-927139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T U-verse