Complaint Review: AT&T U-Verse

• Reported By: Nathan — New Palestine Indiana United States of America
AT&T U-Verse
New Palestine, Indiana United States of America

AT&T U-Verse UVerse Horrible Customer Service / Robbery New Palestine, Indiana

I recently cancelled UVerse for various reasons. Then of course I was expected to return all of the UVerse equipment by a certain date or I would get some type of fee. Understandable. However, as I'm human and had crazy stuff going on at the time, I forgot to return the equipment and ended up missing the deadline by a week or so. I DID return all of the equipment, just a little late. So I figured I'd get a little late fee maybe, which is fine as this had been disclosed. What I did NOT know is that I'd be charged about $650!!! Are you serious??!! So the fee for being a little late is like paying for another year of service?? Whatever... maybe paying a fee equivalent to a month of service... maybe. So you take the equipment back AND you want my money too. Doesn't seem very reasonable. I tried to discuss this with customer service and they were NOT friendly about it at all. They may as well have said "Sad for you buddy... now will that be Visa or Mastercard?" I simply told them I would never send them that amount of money. One, I don't have it. Two, it's just flat out wrong! So now they have sent my bill to collections so now I have to deal with them. Now it's on my credit report too. Here's the funny part... the collections guy couldn't believe that the entire bill was nothing but a late fee for returning the equipment late. He thought surely I had some unpaid balance in there too. Nope. All one big ridiculous fee.

So I've been letting everyone know that this is just one more reason to avoid signing up with UVerse to begin with. As I told their people, they are just confirming that I will never even consider signing up for any of their services in the future. Maybe I'm just weird, but I just don't like feeling that I'm being completely ROBBED!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-Verse/New-Palestine-Indiana-/ATT-U-Verse-UVerse-Horrible-Customer-Service-Robbery-New-Palestine-Indiana-776601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T U-Verse