Complaint Review: AT&T Uverse

AT&T Uverse
Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

AT&T Uverse Billed for goods and services not recieved Carol Stream, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: How to resolve issue

On 12-18-11 I ordered AT&T Uverse . The tech showed up on 12-22-11 and started nstallation on my neighbors house , much to my neighbor's supprise. My neighbor told the tech he did not order uverse , upon checking the work order ,my name was on the order and my neighbors address . The tech called his office and left . A day later the internet gateway showed up at the wrong address. The gateway was returned.    I called AT&T and explained that they had the wrong addres on the order and was told that it would be changed and a tech would be at my house for installation in 24 hours .

12-22-11    48 hours after my call I still had not recieved any service , so I called AT&T and was told the tech would be out in 72 hours . Upon checking with the rep Much to my supprise they still had not changed the address. I was told a manager would call me in 72 hours. no call

12-27-11  Still no uverse  I called again and was told a suporvisor would call me in 72 hours.  I was fed up and cancelled the order. I recieved a bill on 1-25-12 for the installation that was not performed and the gateway that was sent back. I called AT&T and after 40 minutes I was able to speak to a rep. I explained the problem and gave the tracking number to him. The rep said the accuont would be closed and not to expect any more bills.I was told a manager would call in 72 hours. No call

1-6-12 After calling AT&T again I was so irritated I cancelled all my services I was getting from AT&T

2-20-12 I recieved another bill ,made another call was told the matter was taken care of.I was told a manager would call me in 72 hours. no call.

March 2012 I recieved a letter from a collection agency and was told if I did not pay this billthere would be problems with my credit rating

Called At&T again ,so far I have spent almost 12 hours on the phone over this matter.

5-22-12 I recived a call from AT&T DEmanding Payment again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 03:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Uverse/Carol-Stream-Illinois-/ATT-Uverse-Billed-for-goods-and-services-not-recieved-Carol-Stream-Illinois-886782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Uverse

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to resolve issue

AUTHOR: Not Applicable - (United States of America)

I'm having problems with AT&T as well. I would suggest that you file a report with the BBB of Dallas, the Attorney General of Texas, the FTC, and the FCC. AT&T's corporate address is 208 South Akard Street  Dallas, TX 75202.