Complaint Review: AT&T Uverse

• Submitted: Tue, July 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 14, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
AT&T Uverse
www.att.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

AT&T Uverse Scam to defraud consumers out of money Dallas Texas

I ordered Uverse in December, 2008. It was installed in January, 2009. It never worked and I had it removed in March, 2009. AT&T sent me boxes in which to return the equipment. I sent it via UPS (per AT&T's instructions). I received a bill in April which showed AT&T owed me $13.86.

In May, I received a bill saying I owed AT&T $473.28 for unreturned equipment. I contacted AT&T and sent them the documentation showing that I had returned the equipment. AT&T personnel told me it was taken care of. In June I received another bill for $473+. I went to the AT&T store from which I purchased Uverse and spoke to the manager. He spent a day and half supposedly getting the error corrected. He called two days later saying it was resolved.

Last week I received a collection notice saying I had not returned the equipment. I have spent hours trying to get AT&T to correct their error. It is maddening! I believe it is an intentional scam by AT&T to ripoff consumers!

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Uverse/Dallas-Texas-75225/ATT-Uverse-Scam-to-defraud-consumers-out-of-money-Dallas-Texas-469532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Uverse