Complaint Review: AT&T Uverse

• Updated: Sun, December 22, 2013

• Reported By: OSayCanYouSee — Fort Lauderdale Florida
AT&T Uverse
Internet, Select State/Province USA

AT&T Uverse I'm a customer and they want to charge me for service for bad equipment?  Internet

My DVR kept going out (fact). Called someone in my opinion who was not in the US. After 1.5 hours on the phone and all tests, they sent me a new DVR. Same problem.

Called (again someone I don't believe is in the US) and told them I wasn't going to spend another 1.5 hours on the phone to be told it is another faulty DVR. When the rep told me they would send a tech out, she said "if it isn't an AT&T problem, they would charge me $150 for going out." Really? How are we suppose to know if it really isn't equipment failure? But it gets better...

Tech came (and in my opinion knew what he was doing, he was just dealing with bad equipment.)

So after trial and error of the DVR, receiver, cables and modem were replaced, one receiver didn't work. (This was the second receiver he replaced.) So he went and got a third and finally, after 4 hours and all new equipment, he got it working.

So, FACT, AT&T's equipment is getting so poor, they probably know this, which is why they THREATEN PAYING CUSTOMERS with a charge of $150 for a service call.

WOW.

I feel worst for techs who have to go out on service calls and they wonder when they will encounter the bad equipment.

DISCLAIMER - All the above, while some is fact, does include my opinion. (To those threatened by companies who may try to persuade you with intimidation to remove your post, ALWAYS include the FACT that this is YOUR OPINION. Such companies such as the following ad on Google Search -

Remove RipOffReport Now - RipOffReport Fastest Clearing Firm‎

(((REDACTED)))
Suppress All Posts From Search Now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Uverse/Internet-Select-StateProvince-Internet/ATT-Uverse-Im-a-customer-and-they-want-to-charge-me-for-service-for-bad-equipment-In-1107070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Uverse