Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, August 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 18, 2008

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
AT&T Wireless
13550 Independence Parkway Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

AT&T Wireless AT&T Bait and switch with lousy customer service Fort Worth Texas

I agreed to switch to AT&T wireless from my current phone plan because the lady who was helping me set up an additional land line told me I could get 900 minutes with free nights and weekends for $59.99 plus add my daughter for $9.99. The phones arrived 2 days later and I tried to activate them over the weekend. The automated system said they were having technical difficulties. I was routed to a line that said call back during regular business hours. I wanted to start my new plan because the billing cycle for the old plan was up.

Two days of being on hold and getting passed around by numerous agents and supervisors later I finally got to the point where someone could activate the phones. Next they ask me what my plan is and I told them what they sold me. They said family plans for $59.99 plus $9.99 only include 550 minutes. At this point I was ready to reach through the phone and grab them by the throat.

This company says one thing and does another. None of the reps have a clue what's going on. Also I was told my land line activation would be $20 only to be told by the other rep it would be $53. Stay far away from these clueless, incompetent wastes of space.

Steve
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2008 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/Fort-Worth-Texas-76177/ATT-Wireless-ATT-Bait-and-switch-with-lousy-customer-service-Fort-Worth-Texas-363971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless