Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless

• Reported By: MMelvin — Charleston South Carolina United States of America
AT&T Wireless
Internet, Georgia United States of America

AT&T Wireless AT&T AT&T Rip Off Internet, Georgia

AT&T wireless customer for over five years.  Lost my phone, phoned AT&T wireless  to see if the phone given to me by my son could be used, was told it could.  Took the phone to AT&T, was told it could not be used. Rep tried to sale me a phone I did not want, discouraged me from a phone I found on the AT&T web site.  Left AT&T and immediately opened an account and got a GAlaxy with T-Mobile (unlimited talk, text, and web).  AT&T refused to allow me to transfer my phone number and keep all excess money paid on the account (I normally pay 2 to 3 months at a time).  You can tell when a company is on its way out by the quality of service.  There reps will lie, they scratch for every penny they can get (no refunds).  Just think of other companies who had bad business practices, those who always treated their customers badly, they did not last.  When a company operates in this manner, they are on their last leg.

FYI - a couple of years ago I phoned AT&T in regards to an advertisement I received in the mail regarding internet service.  I only called to inquire.  Well a few days later I received a modem for internet service and a charge to my account.  Now granted I only phoned to inquire, made no commitment to obtain the service, no question the conversation was one of inquiry and not a request to revise or change my account.  Well, it was like pulling teeth to get the charges removed from my account.  This is the last straw, I will never contract for any type of service with AT&T.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/Internet-Georgia-/ATT-Wireless-ATT-ATT-Rip-Off-Internet-Georgia-875119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless