Complaint Review: AT&T

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: Dan — Nevada
AT&T
208 South Akard Street Dallas, Texas USA

AT&T, ATT, U-Verse, UVerse AT&T U-verse Charges Exorbitant Restoral Fees $30 for Each Line of Service in Their "Bundle." Dallas Texas

*General Comment: First...

Hello, last year I was going through economic hardship, and I was was 10 days late on my AT&T U-Verse payment. I guess my mortgage payment was just more important to me. Plus, I thought it would only be a $30 charge due to the fact that I purchased a "bundle" not three separate lines of service, and the fact that my previous provider only had the single $30 restoral fee. This amounted to a $90 charge, which I stupidly paid it instead of trying to get it reversed.

Now, almost a year later, I'm going out of town for 3-4 weeks, and want only my phone and tv placed on vacation hold. My house sitter needs the internet to do college work. So I called AT&T and was told that they cannot place my phone and tv on hold without also placing the internet on hold. That, in fact, their system does not allow them to do so because the services are "bundled."

I just want to know which is it? Am I paying for a bundle or three separate services?! It seems awfully convenient to separate the services when charging restoral fees, but bundle them when marketing and actually providing the service. Please people, let's get a class action going. If not for ourselves, for every other person in America that is getting screwed by these c****.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Dallas-Texas-75202/ATT-ATT-U-Verse-UVerse-ATT-U-verse-Charges-Exorbitant-Restoral-Fees-30-for-Each-Lin-1113762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T

#1 General Comment

First...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First...stop whining. Its undignified. This is what YOU chose and YOU have to deal with. Second, a bundle is STILL 3 seperate lines of service, as in each line of service goes to a specific part of the company. I.E. Internet, talk,TV. All seperate sections in AT&T. So when you have a reconnection fee it is for all three as all three departments have to reinitiate your services. Its bundled together for price point and for condensing your bill paying. I.E. paying ONLY one bill instead of three.

YOU are forgetting that its THEIR ball, and THEIR game, YOU are just a participant in THEIR game. If you do not like the rules of the game you are free to move to another service. Which WILL be the same way. Its THEIR ball ect, ect,ect.

YOU may not think it is fair, but WHY should ANYONE be expected to eat the costs of reintiating your services? This is a LUXURY. You DO NOT need any of this to live. As such, YOUR luxurys are going to cost you when they turn it off and you WANT it on.

This is not a ripoff neither is this a scam. This is the cost of NOT paying your bill for a few months then having to pay to turn it on. Had the poster done what was expected of them to do as a customer and paid their bill on time, then NONE of this would have happend to them. But since they couldnt pay their bill, they got disconnected and had to pay to reinstate their services. Not a ripoff, just the costs of being a deadbeat.