Complaint Review: at&t

at&t
Nationwide USA

at&t Mobile phone got money without authorization. Orlando fl

*Consumer Comment: You might forget

Had oa at&t cellphone which bill kept creeping up although I had unlimited plan. I questioned it despite having bad network since Am a truck driver.  Finally decided to cancel my contract and before I received my final bill at&t went into my account and billed me $742 without even consulting me.

Beware if you cancel your plan they are going to bill the account that you used to pay your bill without your consent. Very fradulent and overcharging.  I got changed an extra month despite having cancelled my contract. I hope at&t losses a lot of customers. Spread the word. Thx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/att/nationwide/att-Mobile-phone-got-money-without-authorization-Orlando-fl-1139478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on at&t

You might forget

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you cancel a phone contract before it goes into month-to-month payment, you will pay the cancellation fee which is a couple of hundred dollars (I think it is $350). Many people who make a complaint never want to mention about this because they either forgot or ignored what they signed for. This fees could be charged without your consent because you gave them your consense at contract signing. Go back and read the contract again (if you still have it).

Regarding the charge gets higher, you need to check if your plan allows texting/calling anywhere and/or anytime. It is a mistake that some people are not on that plan but think they are (mostly from the sale person lieing to them). You SHOULD BE ABLE to know why the monthly charge increases by LOOKING at your monthly statement. I do check it every time I get the statement because I want to see what they are charging.

You made a mistake once already. I hope you will NOT make the same mistake again when you get another phone from another company!