pressed

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: jc — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America
Attorney Alliance Union
Internet, California United States of America

Attorney Alliance Union told me to leave out info on modification, ignore lender, now not returning calls Internet, California

*Consumer Comment: merchant id

*Author of original report: Working Directly with NLA

*Consumer Comment: Same company/similar problem

*Author of original report: this is my account!!

*General Comment: This is NOT my post; I do not live in Baton Rouge

I filled out a form and was contacted by this company regarding a loan modification. I sent them all the documentation they required and thought it was a little shady they were asking me to do things like send checks from my second job to another account even though my tax returns would show the income.

I was asked to ignore all correspondence from my lender and forward it straight to them and my lender would be contacted during processing and everything would be taken care of, which I did.

I was told my application had been forwarded to processing and I would receive a call in 10 days. After hearing nothing, I emailed my account rep and was told he wasn't involved any more and to call another number. So I called and someone pulled my file and someone in processing determined I should just take the modification my lender offered (which I was told to ignore and forward to them and it is already past the date to respond to) I was informed the account rep who said he is no longer handling was supposed to have told me and they were going to email him and someone else to call me.

I have not heard anything and have left him numerous messages and emails. This company has already auto drafted my checking account for service and set me up on auto draft for 2 more payments. I cannot find them on the BBB to file a complain

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Attorney-Alliance-Union/Internet-California-/Attorney-Alliance-Union-told-me-to-leave-out-info-on-modification-ignore-lender-now-not-966591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Attorney Alliance Union

merchant id

AUTHOR: SoonHee - (United States of America)

My husband and I are desperate to find a way to reduce our mortgage and hence, got suckered into giving our information to this Attorney Alliance Union, Housing Retention Group.  I want to believe that it will work.  But I just have too many red flags.  Anyone who has had an EFT (Electronic Funds Transaction) by them, can you please look at your bank statement and find the ID so that I can put a stop on the EFT before they take one?

Please help!

Working Directly with NLA

AUTHOR: jc - (United States of America)

An update. I heard back from a contact at NLA Law Associates this weekend. They are working with me directly to resolve my account. He told me that deal with thousands of accounts a day and he told me I did not give them enough time to work my account and to contact me

The contact at NLA Law associates returns my calls right away and is bending over backwards to get my account straight for me. We have gotten both the auto drafted payment last month as well as my mortgage worked out.

They have been nothing but accomodating and I should have given them more than a week to respond before posting here

Same company/similar problem

AUTHOR: JennC1972 - (United States of America)

I  contacted this company "Attorney Alliance Union", in the hopes of saving my home from foreclosure.  What I described to them, I was told, was a case I had against my mortgage company (PNC) and that they could help me.  After being so interested in the beginning and my first autodrafted payment of $975.00 came out of my bank, communication became slim to nothing.  I had called and emailed on several occasions with no reply.  When I finally left an irritated email and phone call, they called my husband to explain everything would be ok, and not to worry.  Second autodraft came out.  I was then contacted by someone from "Attorney Network Group" asking for the same documentation to be faxed to him.  If these companies worked together why would they keep requesting the same info from me?  Shouldn't they have been forwarding files to each other?  The company actually had several different names they went by to include the first 2 names, and also National Legal Associates Firm and LCNPC. Then the initial person that had contacted me, Jareau Turner, wouldn't return my calls.  The second contact person, David Aponte, acted as if he had no idea what he was doing or asking for.  I then received in the mail another letter from a local attorney stating my house had a sale date on it and he could help me save it from foreclosure,but My only option was bankruptcy to save our home now.  We also had to close our bank account so the scammers couldn't get their 3rd payment from us.  Our mortage company screwed us also (PNC) but I have a post on that also on here.  So after $1950.00 has been scammed from us, and then filing bankruptcy @ $1200.00, we are FURTHER IN DEBT for the amount of $3150.00.  Companies like this have got to be stopped.  Scamming your fellow Americans out of the American Dream of Homeownership and a place to call home, is despicable.  How can these people sleep at night?  Because they don't care, money in their pocket, they ARE living their dream, taking our money and being proud of it!

this is my account!!

AUTHOR: jc - (United States of America)

How did this post under your name? I posted it with my info and email

#5 General Comment

This is NOT my post; I do not live in Baton Rouge

AUTHOR: RocklinAim - (United States of America)

This is listed under my login as MY report; this is not my post.