Complaint Review: AudioFile Ripoff Artist

• Submitted: Wed, June 30, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 30, 2004

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
AudioFile Ripoff Artist
At Hampden Ave & Tower Ave. Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

AudioFile Ripoff Artists Two guys in a white bronco sold me two ripoff AudioFile speakers with the same story as all of the rest Aurora Colorado

This story is similiar to all of the others listed on this site: Two white males driving a white bronco or a blazer stopped me and asked if I wanted to see these speakers they had for a "Great Deal". I agreed, so they opened up the back of the truck and there were 8 speakers, still in the boxes.

They told me some story about how they were on their way delivering these speakers to some doctor, who had ordered four, but the warehouse made a mistake and gave them eight. They said they had to get rid of them, or their boss would take them. The man claimed they were worth $1500 a piece. They tried to get $600 dollars out of me for a set, but I declined. I believed their story, however, because they had a manual on them, warranty information, and even produced a receipt.

The man who did all of the talking was probably in his early thirties, with dark, short hair, slim build, maybe 5'11". His counterpart stayed in the truck the entire time, and he was maybe in his early twenties, maybe 6'2", average build, light brown short hair.

I almost drove away free, but as I got back in the car, the man persuaded me to at least buy a pair for $260. He said I could just turn around and sell them off for their original price, making a profit anyways. This was the selling point for me, and I agreed. I went to an ATM, and returned with their $260.

If you see these men about, or see anyone trying the same scam, don't fall for it like I did. Get their license plate number, and a make of the vehicle, and call the police. I was hurt by this, especially after informing the man that I was in the military, and that he would do this to someone protecting his freedom.

If you are encountered by them, I suggest telling them that you have to call you wife/husband and check with her/him first on the issue, but in reality, dial the police. Get them there, and bust these jerks.

If anyone wants to collaberate on this issue, contact me. Good luck.

Sean
Aurora, Colorado

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2004 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AudioFile-Ripoff-Artist/Aurora-Colorado-80011/AudioFile-Ripoff-Artists-Two-guys-in-a-white-bronco-sold-me-two-ripoff-AudioFile-speakers-97123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AudioFile Ripoff Artist