Complaint Review: A.U.L. Corp.

• Submitted: Wed, October 30, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: Claude Berman — Effingham New Hampshire
A.U.L. Corp.
1250 Main Street Napa, California USA

A.U.L. Corp. AUL insurance AUL major powertrain warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Napa California

I purchased a major powertrain warranty from the dealer of a used F-150 truck. I assumed things like the head and engine block would be covered. Two months later, the head failed in that one of the spark plugs blew out due to the aluminum head's thread stripping. I did some reseach and discovered this is a known problem with Ford's 3 valve Triton engines.

It cost about $270 to fix the problem via an "insert" kit. AUL denied the claim and I discussed it at length with a supervisor. It turns out they have some fine print in their contract. It says the engine block and covered, but only if the problem results from a failure of an internally lubricated part. The supervisor I talked to said he'd worked for Ford for 30 years and this model does have this issue. But, his position is that the damage had to be caused by an internally lubricated part's failure. He admitted the head is an internally lubricated part, but would not admitted that the failure of this internally lubricated part was caused by the failure of itself.

As an engineer with years of experience in the automotive industry, I know a load of ... when I hear it. That means that if the head cracks, or the engine block cracks, or all kinds of other problems occur, they're going to try to weasel out. I'm happy I only spent 500-600 on the insurance, as the dealer tried to sell me their higher cost policies, which I'm sure, given this experience, are also not worth the paper they are printed on.

Note that Ford has known about this problem for years and fails to cover it. So, for all I know, other spark plugs will blow out of the head spontaineously. I'll never buy a FORD again. I'm also planning to complain about AUL to my state's attorney general. A major powertrain warranty that doesn't cover failure of major powertrain components is false and misleading advertising. AUL hasn't heard the last of me and in the end they will be very sorry they ever dealt me this unfair blow. He who laughs last laughs best.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUL-Corp/Napa-California-94559/AUL-Corp-AUL-insurance-AUL-major-powertrain-warranty-isnt-worth-the-paper-its-print-1095862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A.U.L. Corp.