Complaint Review: AUL Warranty

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 10, 2008

• Reported By:Kalispell Montana
AUL Warranty
1325 Imola Avenue West PMB 318 Napa, California U.S.A.

AUL Warranty AUL warranty fails to provide Napa California

I purchased a previously owned vehicle for my wife in November of 2007 and along with it I purchased the the best warranty available, sold by AUL. I was told by the dealer that this was the warranty I needed. This would cover me if I had any problems.

Subsequent research indicates that this is the Reserve level warranty and according to AUL's web page:

"AUL's Reserve Coverage is possibly the industry's most extensive coverage."

Subsequent research also uncovers that many other people have problems with AUL Corp.

Due to a mechanical problem with the vehicle I find that it is necessary to use the warranty. Unfortunately AUL has cherry-picked the stuff it wants to warranty and will not cover the more expenisve items.

I have spoken with AUL representatives twice and they will not budge. I finally called the sales manager of dealership where I bought the vehicle and where it is getting serviced. He was very disappointed that the warranty would not cover and he will be speaking with his AUL representative and possibly not sell AUL warranties anymore.

I'm hoping that this can get resolved at a local level, but it seems the problem is larger than just me. The internet reports many people have suffered with AUL warranties.

I am disappointed with AUL also. I bought this extended warranty because I understood that AUL was trustworthy.

Chris
Kalispell, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUL-Warranty/Napa-California-94559/AUL-Warranty-AUL-warranty-fails-to-provide-Napa-California-371763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUL Warranty