Complaint Review: AuraVie

• Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: Patty — Johns Creek Georgia
AuraVie
Van Nuys, California USA

AuraVie deceptive advertising. unauthorized credit card charge Van Nuys California

When ordering from an alternate website an offer popped to select a free product, with a shipping and handling charge.  When the product arrived I used it and had a horrible reaction to it.  Thinking it was free and came with no strings attached I threw out the remaining product.

One month later I received a box in the mail with the same product and an invoice for $98.  Clearly I had been duped into a monthly program.  I called the company only to find I had been charged for the first shipment.  I have to send the product back to get the refund for the new shipment.  They offered a 35% refund on the first, followed by 50% and then 70%.

I finally gave up and accepted the 70% but they will only refund it if I send an email saying I will not dispute any charges.

I do not recall seeing any information on being billed for the product if I decide to keep it, or that monthly shipments would be sent.  I believe that it is in the fine print, but I also believe that they hid this info very well in order to deceive me, the consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie/Van-Nuys-California-91410/AuraVie-deceptive-advertising-unauthorized-credit-card-charge-Van-Nuys-California-1131829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie