Complaint Review: AuraVie

• Reported By: Cheryl — Kirkwood Missouri
AuraVie
Van Nuys, California USA

AuraVie Misleading/scam tactics Van Nuys California

In Novemhber after leaving a website, I received a message saying that I could receive one of 3 free gifts.  I chose, Auravie, for a beauty supply cream.  I then ordered a free 10-day trial sample according to the lead-in message, and had 10 days to cancel my account to prevent getting future shipments billed at $97.88 per month.  I canceled my order within 10 days and received an acknowledgement e-mail.  I am told that I "misunderstood" the e-mail and websiste order page.  I thought I was given a return order number for future shipments (as they could not stop the first shipment was my understanding).  I never received any other shipments of this product.  A month later, I found a $97.88 charge on my credit card bill and contacted the company by e-mail to request a credit to my credit card account as I had not received any monthly shipment.  At that time, I was told that under the terms and conditions that "I agreed to" the initial "free 10-day trial" was actually the monthly 30-day supply.  If I didn't cancel within 10 days and return that item within 30 days, I would be charged $97.88.  They would not refund my account.  Nor would they agree to a later return shipment of their product, as it was now outside the 30 day window for returns.

This is very misleading.  I thought I had a free sample.  I didn't return it as I thought any return would be my first monthly shipment.  And now I am paying the price.  Very poor communication practices and I feel like I've been totally scammed!  And all for a product that I used for 4 days.  My current products work better than this expensive, non-productive product!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuraVie/Van-Nuys-California-91410/AuraVie-Misleadingscam-tactics-Van-Nuys-California-1117390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuraVie