Complaint Review: Austin CDL Services

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Tatorboy — Austin Texas United States of America
Austin CDL Services
9741 U.S. 290 Austin, Texas United States of America

Austin CDL Service Austin CDL Services Austin, TX aka Torres, Eddie Owner SCAM Ripped me off totally crooked BEWARE Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: where is the less expensive course at

*Consumer Comment: completely satisfied

*Consumer Comment: Austin CDL

*Consumer Comment: I doubt the owners report

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Austin CDL Services Excellent Reputation

Torres, Eddie Owner - Austin CDL Services in Austin, TX totally ripped me & my family off!

I paid  this guy $1400 to get my CDL with CDL Services Austin TX. I called Eddie Torres about using his service. He had a good gift to gab to sell his service, his little tv interview & boy I was dumb enough to buy into it. I got only 30 minutes of practice time in the truck before taking the road test with the DPS office. I failed the road test one time for accumulating too many point deductions with a 68%. I failed only by only two points. You have to score a 70% to pass.

Then Eddie Torres said I had to pay Austin CDL Services in Austin, TX another $500 to retake my road test. Well it was in fine print hidden in the contract I would owe $500 if I fail. I found another truck rental service that did everything for $310. I passed with a 95% on the second road test. [continued below]....
.....

I would not EVER recommend Austin CDL Services in Austin, TX to anyone, to expensive & a very large hidden reschedule fee should you fail the road test. I could have got everyone in my family a CDL with the $1400 I paid Austin CDL Services in Austin, TX.

My advice is to run fast from Austin CDL Services in Austin, TX or you will be another statistic like me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-CDL-Services/Austin-Texas-78724/Austin-CDL-Service-Austin-CDL-Services-Austin-TX-aka-Torres-Eddie-Owner-SCAM-Ripped-me-994635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin CDL Services

where is the less expensive course at

AUTHOR: app developer - ()

I have heard several people say that I can get my cdl course for less than $300 anyone know how to contact this company that charges $300?

completely satisfied

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

I can not speak on behalf of anyone but myself.  But I am completely satisfied with the services provided by Eddie's company "Austin CDL Services".  Eric is the person that guided me personally through the process and quite well I might add.  From guiding me through the testing process through the driving part.  Eric explained to me which part of the DPS manual needed to be reviewed for each specific test and in what order was best to obtain the passing results.  As far as the driving part, they would allow as much time as I felt comfortable with in order to pass the test.  With their criticism and guidance, I MADE A 100 on the actual driving test.  Even the supervisor that testing me was very impressed and I owe it all to Austin CDL Services.  THank you so very much.

Now, I would like to add that my experiences with Eddie and Eric have been more than outstanding.  Mind you at no fault of theirs - I procrastinated and let time lapse my first 60 day permit.  And even at that - I had NO MORE FEES to pay to extend Austin CDL Services to me.  Actually, when I contacted Eddie about my procrastination his response to me was "you paid me to help you get your CDL and I am here until you do".  That is one hell of a company policy - to back me even when it was my procrastination that defaulted, not his.  So I truly find it hard to believe that Eddie or Eric would treat anyone with any less of respect than I received.  I am just another satisfied customer of theirs.

THANK YOU TO AUSTIN CDL SERVICES for guiding me through the testing processes.  It was because of your dedication that I received 100 score for the driving and no less than 90 on any of the written tests.

I RECOMMEND YOUR SERVICES TO ANYONE WHO DESIRES TO ACHIEVE THEIR CDL LICENSE

Respectfully,

Austin CDL

AUTHOR: Daniel - ()

I got my Texas CDL-A Hazmat/Tanker endorsement with the help od Austin CDL and Eddie.  Eddie is one of the most honest people in this business.  I took my road test and scored 99% on my first try.  I had never driven a big rig in my life.  I can not say enough good things about Eddie and Austin CDL.  He kept every promise and I was well prepared for all of my exames which I passed on my first attempts.  I could never have done this without his help.  I have referred many friends to Eddie and all of them were very pleased with his services.

I doubt the owners report

AUTHOR: Idoubtit - ()

When the Owner of Austin CDL made his rebuttal it was hard for me to believe him. First of all, who advertises they charge $1400 but always really charge only $1200? That doesn't make any sense. Then he says this is his competitor doing this. Why does he think this?

None of his comments make much sense and I tend not to believe him. He sounds like a ripoff. I personally wouldn't do business with him.  He cannot spell. His words run together. If he is a real business, why does he have to defend himself in this manner?

The worst of all is for him to say that most of the people who come to him are illegal immigrants. How does he know this? Why does he say this? Is he taking these peoples money and not giving them anything? This I do believe. If he knows they are illegal, he should not be doing business with them and certainly not taking their money and stealing from them.

I would not trust this man either. There apparently are companies in this catagory who are ripping people off and they sound fishy. If it sounds wrong, it is wrong. Don't give them your money.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Austin CDL Services Excellent Reputation

AUTHOR: Eddie Torres Austin CDL SVCS - (United States of America)

Hello Readers, My name is Eddie Torres Owner and founder of

Austin CDL Services.

I am writing this in response to a review that was written

on this site that is a complete fabrication of lies.

On the review there are so many inconsistencies:

First, We have never charged anyone $1400.00 for a CDL Road

test.  We advertise $1400.00 but we

always have a special going on for $1200.00

Second, At DPS, on order to pass your written exams and your

road test you need to pass with 80%, not 70%

Everyone who pay us $1200.00 for our services get unlimited

access to the equipment until they are familiar with the truck and the route

where DPS will take them for the actual road test.  The route itself takes 1 hour.  We never let anyone use our trucks unless they have used it for at least 4 hours. So, I have never let anybody use my

equipment which carries $1,000,000.00 liability insurance for 30 minutes.

Last year out of all the CDL tests we did, and it was quite

a few, only 6 persons failed on their first try.  This is a high success rate which my

competitors cant get credit for. These persons were mostly immigrants and they

failed because of a communication barrier with the testers. We brought these

customers back and they passed on their second try at no additional cost.

That said Mr. Tatortot/Tatorboy, If you have been my

customer, please come forward, bring your receipt where you paid us and I will

gladly refund you the full amount of $1200.00.

My office number is 512-428-5863 my personal cell is 512-422-2342. The

ball is in your court! We strongly believe in 100% customer satisfaction.

A word of advice to you:

As my competitor, if you want business like us, dont fabricate lies and

try to bad mouth us on the internet.  We

are very successful in this business by providing 100% customer satisfaction,

not by talking about our competitors. Immature people do this, not successful

entrapreneurs!