Complaint Review: Austin Cox Home Services

• Reported By: silverstreak — Hurlock Maryland
Austin Cox Home Services
P.O. Box 2947 Salisbury Salisbury, Maryland USA

Austin Cox Home Services Scam artists Salisbury Maryland

I called Austin Home Services to fix an outside faucet because I heard they had a good reputation, and fair priceing.  I was informed that they had a $89 fee to come out and look at the problem, and that would be reimbursed if they did the work. I agreed.  I first had a licensed plumber come out and he said he would fix two of my outside facets for $90/hr and parts.  He said it would be 4 hours and $120 in parts.  Total $480 in advanced.  I thought that was a bit expensive so I called Austin Cox.  I said I wanted one of the faucets fixed.  I received a call from the "technician", ?plumber, and was informed that the cost would be, get this, $487 for one facet.  i did not know you had to be an orthopedic surgeon to fix faucets.  I said that was outragous and did not want the work done.  He informed me that I would have to pay $89 anyway, and how was I going to take care of this.  I informed him I was busy at work with a with a patient and could not talk, I am not a doctor by the way.  The very next day I received in the mail an invoice for $89.  Two days later I was walking behind my house and found the cover over my crawlspace and the door were laying in the yard and the insulating cover for the faucet was gone, probably blown away by wind, having some storms Iam sure rain blew into my crawlspace.  In summary, you are stuck paying $89 or an outragous price for there services so ether way they  win.  I will never use their services again and will actively!!! not reccomend this company to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2013 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-Cox-Home-Services/Salisbury-Maryland-21802/Austin-Cox-Home-Services-Scam-artists-Salisbury-Maryland-1055712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin Cox Home Services