Complaint Review: Austins Affordable Autos

• Updated: Sat, August 24, 2013

• Reported By: RealClient — Camas Washington
Austins Affordable Autos
9316 NE Highway 99 Vancouver, Washington USA

Austins Affordable Autos Selling cars with hiden fees and that break down within 2 weeks Vancouver Washington

Purchased vehicle 08/07/2013, noticed coolant was completely empty. John the salesman promised this would be fixed prior to delivery, not done- Additionally, I asked and was told my payments would be every other Friday, however they were set for every other Wednesday (I did not access to a calendar when I signed the paperwork)so I was two days late for my first payment (My son had the paperwork so I did not see the due date). They added $1000 to the seling price because I did not pay cash.

On 8/13/2013, I received a call from John stating I had been approved for refinancing and it was going to make it so that I did not have to pay the $1000, bump in price for not paying cash. I was at work so he said he would text me the details. He never called or texted.

on 08/15/2013 clutch went out costing 1299.69 to fix-

08/23/2013 I called to make a payment and was told I was 2 days late and now owed an additional $190.00. I tried to explain the miscommunication and was told it did not matter. I then informed them of the clutch failure and requested it be fixed. I was then connected with Karl, their public relations person who told me if I came in he would fix everything. I went there and Karl proceeded to try to sell me a more expensive car stating he would adequately compensate me for the car I already purchased. Karl tried to get me to give him another $1000 down as well as having me pay for the repairs on the Camry he was going to buy back from me. He then asked me to go ahead and go while he came up with a deal for me. I called him back later and he requested that I apply for a loan from my Credit Union and call him back.

8/24/2013 I called back to talk to Karl, he is off, I attempted to make payment and was told it was now $210 as I was 3 days late. I asked to waive the one day extra as I had been working with Karl. I was told no. I asked for the car it to be fixed, Austin's refused. This is a failure under WA statute RCW 62A.2-314.

I was put on a recorded call and they said “Is it correct you want us to repossess the car,” I said no, I just don’t want to deal with a shady car dealership. That all I was asking for was my payment date to be changed so I was not going to have to pay a $40 late fee that I will now have to pay every other week as they will not fix my due date and I get pain on Fridays. Additionally I was now required to pay $150 for the repo fee on a car they never repossessed.

I was then put on the phone with Matt, the general sales manager, who bullied me into paying and is the one who refused to repair the car. So today I paid 130.81 for my payment, $60.00 late fee, $150.00 repo fee, and an additional 3% for using my debit card. $350.39. I then asked Tabathia to mail me a receipt and she refused.

This is a shady dealership and I warn others not to buy from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austins-Affordable-Autos/Vancouver-Washington-98665/Austins-Affordable-Autos-Selling-cars-with-hiden-fees-and-that-break-down-within-2-weeks-1078772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austins Affordable Autos