Complaint Review: AuthenticWatches.com

• Reported By: 12345 — Columbus Ohio
AuthenticWatches.com
207 West Los Angeles Ave #348 Moorpark, California USA

AuthenticWatches.com Do Not Buy From This Company Moorpark California

On December 6th 2011, I purchased a Tag Heuer Carrera watch (Ref CV2A10BA0706) from the online retailer AuthenticWatches.com. I purchsed the watch in good faith assuming I was getting a new and properly functioning watch. After about a month, I noticed that the watch was not keeping time properly and called AuthenticWatches.com to inform them of the watch not working properly or keeping time correctly. They emailed me directions on sending the watch back and an RMA number (Return Authorization Number). After spening money on shipping and return shipping fees, I received the watch back after approx. 4 weeks only to discover that the watch continued to not keep time properly. After reading numerous complaints against this company and my watch not keeping time properly and also not receiving a manufacturers warranty, I called them to inform them that I was sending the watch back and requested a refund. [continued below]....

..... They refused to refund my money so I then initiated a a charge dispute with the credit card company and sent the watch back to them. Then on May 20th 2013, I received notice of a certified letter from Authentic watches claiming I owed them $1073.50 for depreciation 30% ($898.50) charge dispute of ($25.00) plus the fee for refinishing the timepiece ($150.00).  They stated that they had my original signature on file agreeing to our policies. $2995 is a lot of money to spend for a watch that does not keep time properly. I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Santa Barabar California and also made a consumer complaint with the Office of the Attorney General (State of California). I'm also working with an attorney. Any advice would be not to do business with this company. They are completely unethical and have numerous complaints against them. I'm surprised they are still in business. Many individuals have posted complaints about no serial numbers on their timepieces, expensive repairs, no warranty to cover needed repairs, restocking fees etc. I know their prices are enticing but it's best to spend more money and go through an authorized delear or reputable jeweler. This has been a complete headache.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AuthenticWatchescom/Moorpark-California-93021/AuthenticWatchescom-Do-Not-Buy-From-This-Company-Moorpark-California-1057534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AuthenticWatches.com